Oceanic Aviation #2

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I seem to remember being handed a small card whilst flying CX earlier this year which said something about a 3 or 4x weekly service to HYD.

4x weekly.

10:30 pm → 1:25 am HKG-HYD S - - W - F S Cathay Pacific 649

2:55 am → 10:50 am HYD-HKG S M - - T - S Cathay Pacific 646

Awful times.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

4x weekly.

10:30 pm → 1:25 am HKG-HYD S - - W - F S Cathay Pacific 649

2:55 am → 10:50 am HYD-HKG S M - - T - S Cathay Pacific 646

Awful times.

They are indeed awful times, 649 being the crapper one. They also don't seem to connect with Oceania very well with a ~5hour layover in SYD and BNE (haven't checked the rest) Who knows what kinda market CX is chasing, i seem to recall that the Male flights were also poorly timed, though not as bad as t he Hyderabad flights.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

What is the EIS on the JQ 787? and does anybody know on which routes it could be used?

I heard wild speculations of places in europe..

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

What is the EIS on the JQ 787? and does anybody know on which routes it could be used?

I heard wild speculations of places in europe..

You must be hearing things from a few years ago. It's scheduled to arrive in Australia in September, commencing operations by November. It's tipped to first start flying on domestic routes between Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Gold Coast and Cairns. Frankly I see very little expansion happening with the 14x 788s on order. You'll probably see ~3 788s operate for Jetstar Asia with the rest going to Jetstar Australia. If the AUD continues to fall, we might see the culling of some HNL frequencies.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I also heard that in a few years, the JQ 787 will be transfured over to mainline QF in return for A332s and A333s

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

Not gonna happen :P The whole point of JQ having 787s is because they're cheaper to run and suit JQ's LCC model better than the A330s (which are being moved to QF).

a0149d3efa.jpg

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Unless JQ plans to expand to routes that A330s cannot fly, I've personally always thought that the 787s should have been taken by QF for things like SFO, etc.

After all, it is Qantas International that is the currently struggling airline in the group, not JetStar.

However for that matter I've never much seen why it really matters who operates the plane. The fuel savings would surely be just as apparent no matter who's running the plane? One 787 replaces one A330 and saves that much money in fuel. Whether that fuel saving money is in Qantas or Jetstar seems irrelevant, and the 787 could possibly command a slight premium when run by QF

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

IMO, QF will operate a mixed 788/789 fleet while JQ will retain an all 788 fleet. The 788 could prove useful for QF in lower yielding South East Asia (CGK, MNL) and perhaps to re-instate PER-HKG. It would certainly be useful in opening up new routes and wait for them to mature before being transferred to 789s. Speaking of South East Asia, I'd certainly like to see QF try some PER-South East Asia flying utilising their abundance of 738s. PER-CGK comes to mind, perhaps a 3 or 4x weekly service.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

From 16th December, JQ will commence a thrice weekly service on the route between Adelaide and Auckland.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Also, what is the news with Lion Air Australia?

Did that ever get off the ground? Or, considering it's Lion Air, out of the water :D

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Also, what is the news with Lion Air Australia?

Did that ever get off the ground? Or, considering it's Lion Air, out of the water :D

Never got off the ground. Stop bringing up stuff from yonders ago D:<

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

The Aussie FAA would've raged so much.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I'm keen to see what airline, if any, will take up the A350

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

I'm keen to see what airline, if any, will take up the A350

doubt QF would get them. VA might to replace their 77Ws.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

So it seems that QF are cancelling plans to take their 744ERF.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I think with the A350, it's gonna be a case of wait and see.

I'm hoping that EIthad brings their A350 to Australia, or even Qatar.

Anyway, I think that Virgin Australia will stick closely to Virgin Atlantic's Fleet plan in the coming future

I'm also wondering what Virgin will do with those A320's they inherited from VARA (Virgin Australia Regional Airlines)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• 558 posts

User's Awards

Anyway, I think that Virgin Australia will stick closely to Virgin Atlantic's Fleet plan in the coming future

I'm also wondering what Virgin will do with those A320's they inherited from VARA (Virgin Australia Regional Airlines)

Why would they do that? VA and VS are too completely different companies with different needs, VS has also been around longer (by like 16 years) and is pretty well established on the trans-Atlanlantic market which I presume is why they have 6x A388s on order with a further 6 options + the 787-9s (16 on order 8 options) VA on the other hand is only been around since 2000 and has very recently gone through their transition to full-service so A388s (for now) are out of the question, at most they might get some 787-9s.

As for the A320s, well so far they've been kept on the old XR routes and now that I think about it will probably stay that way given the A320 doesn't really tie in very well with the rest of VAs fleet (in which Short Haul is all-Boeing)

a0149d3efa.jpg

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

As for the A320s, well so far they've been kept on the old XR routes and now that I think about it will probably stay that way given the A320 doesn't really tie in very well with the rest of VAs fleet (in which Short Haul is all-Boeing)

The lone A320 probably isn't too bad, especially once they streamline ops between VA-XR-TT. Also, the A320 in VA livery is a nice looking bird.

Anyhow, JQ are commening a twice weekly Melbourne - Phuket from 14th December, moving to thrice weekly by March.

For the Christmas/New Year/Summer School Holidays season, Melbourne - Singapore will be increased to 6x weekly, Melbourne - Honolulu increased to 4x weekly.

Singapore - Kansai and Singapore - Beijing are to be axed from November 30th.

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• 558 posts

User's Awards

Ar, XR (yes I know the code isn't used any more but it helps differeniate from VA mainline) has two A320s in their fleet not just the one :P as for TT wasn't a condition of VA purchasing it that they run it as independently as possible, so I doubt there'll be much XR-TT streamlining nor any transfers of aircraft, but I could be wrong.

a0149d3efa.jpg

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Ar, XR (yes I know the code isn't used any more but it helps differeniate from VA mainline) has two A320s in their fleet not just the one :P as for TT wasn't a condition of VA purchasing it that they run it as independently as possible, so I doubt there'll be much XR-TT streamlining nor any transfers of aircraft, but I could be wrong.

But they can always contract the mx out to TT.

Anyway, QF 128 on January 4th has had its departure pushed forward by 30 mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users