Show us your country!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Hi,

Tomorrow, my city completes 115 years. So I thought, why not to create a topic where everyone can show their cities to each other? Sometimes, we have a extremely equivocated point of view of the other countries. Look, as China is a "exotic" country for me, Brasil may be a giant jungle with snakes in the street for a British or a Swiss. Here in AE, we have members from all the world. I think it's very important to see the point of view from other countries of their natives, so we can change our concepts. I'll start speaking about Belo Horizonte and then post images from my "Metropolis"

Belo Horizonte was inaugurated in December 12th of 1897. It is the first Brasil's planned city, 6th large city (it was the 3rd until the 2000's) and 3rd large metropolitan area. "Beagá" is three times larger than Paris and about 100,000 in population. As said the New York Times, Belo Horizonte Grew up remaining almost completely unknown in the rest of the world.
In 1701, an Explorer (Bandeirante) called João Leite da Silva Ortiz established a little farm on the region (today a Museum in the Cidade Jardim neighborhood). The region, called Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem (in a tribute to Our Lady of the "Bon Voyage", the city's patron), was a district of Sabará until the government choose that place to construct the new capital of the state.

Some old photos:
Spoiler

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
[new message due to the limit of pictures per post]

Posted Image
The old Government building...
... And the new one. Does I :sick3: or :cry4: the "replacement"?
Posted Image

Belvedere (South of the city), in the 80's...
Posted Image
... And Skyline of Belvedere near 2009
Posted Image

Mineirão, the Soccer Stadium - Project:
Posted Image
And the works, It will be inaugurated on this December 21 (yes, the End of the World)
Posted Image

Posted Image
They say this is a Subway... Just one line,almost all above the ground, 20 year-old trains, 19 stations, doesn't serves the central area... Other two lines are under bidding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
should i post my city or country?

ADWAM.png

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
You decide... Why not both?

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

UkrainianPilot

UkrainianPilot

Airbus <3

• 50 posts
I will do my home city and my country :)

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
So do it (;

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Although no one is interested in show the own country to the others, I'll continue.

Presenting São Caetano do Sul, in the state of São Paulo:Brasil's best HDI (0,919)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There are many cities more beautiful than this one in Brasil... But this have the best HDI and no illiteracy

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

UkrainianPilot

UkrainianPilot

Airbus <3

• 50 posts
My home city is Drogobych, Lvivska Oblast, Ukraine. I was born there and lived there for 9 years, I still visit Ukraine 1 or 2 times per year and I love my country.
The population of the city is 77,600 people. The city was established in 1091. It is located in the province in Ukraine called "Lvivska Oblast". A decades ago, it had a population of a lot of Polish people, however after Ukraine finally got its land back, Ukrainians once again moved back to their cities. Here are some pictures of Drogobych, this is the view from the city hall located in centre of the city, you can also see the place where I used to live, however I will not give you the exact location:
Posted Image

UkrainianPilot

UkrainianPilot

Airbus <3

• 50 posts
This is one of biggest oil factories in Ukraine, this factory stretches through-out 2 cities, Drogobych and a near by city, Borislav. My uncle is the manager of the Southeast side of the factory.
Posted Image
The next image is the Teacher Institute of Drogobych:
Posted Image
And this image is the Art Museum of Drogobych:
Posted Image
This is the church that was constructed during the late 1600s:
Posted Image
Many things were built around the 1600s in Drogobych, all the churches through-out the city have been built in the 1600s. Here's anther one:
Posted Image
And this place means a lot to me, a park that my ex-girlfriend and I always took a walk in the warm evenings in the summer:
Posted Image

UkrainianPilot

UkrainianPilot

Airbus <3

• 50 posts
The next place is Truskavets, a very popular resort in Ukraine. The president of Russia, Ukraine and other European countries have visited here and loved it, this city is around 25 minutes away from Drogobych, my home city:
Posted Image
This is one of the many hotels/spa/resorts in Truskavets:
Posted Image

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
What about a wonderful country! And what about a "new" city, eh? It wasn't my opinion about your country. Thanks for the contribution, and stay showing us Ukraine!

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts
Wow both Ukraine and Brazil are beautiful ^^

Il'l start with my city. I live just outside Malmo which is Swedens third largest city.

The thing i want to start with is Swedens highest buidling (Not really the height of a average Manhattan flat) and its called Turning Torso
Posted Image

And downtown:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And for the worst part of Malmö :P
Posted Image

The railway stations
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And ofcourse the bridge over to Denmark XP and Kastrup :D
Posted Image

12ca1c99cc.png

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Sweden is simply :awesome: And the image that represents the worst part would be considered a very good place to live in Brasil XD. I just dislike the dark color of the buildings.

Also, more pictures from Belo Horizonte & Metropolitan area: Brasil is a country of contrasts.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Parking of BH Shopping, in Belvedere neighborhood: The largest shopping in the city, with 4 floors, almost 400 shops (with international stores like FNAC)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Aglomerado da Serra, a Slum.

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
Sweden is so nice OG!

Ok, my turn, I live like 25 minutes from Miami.. but since my city doesnt have that much pictures I will just post Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Miami:

Posted Image
Downtown Miami

Posted Image
Downtown at Night

Posted Image
Miami Beach

Posted Image
Fort Lauderdale Beach

Posted Image
Downtown Fort Lauderdale

Posted Image
Downtown at night

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Miami is nice, I went on this city in 2009. I like the Art Déco areas and the Wal-Mart ;)

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

UkrainianPilot

UkrainianPilot

Airbus <3

• 50 posts
Ukraine continued :)
Sweden looks amazing by the way ;)

Of course I live in boring looking cities, however, bigger cities have bigger beauty :P Here is Lviv, around an hour away from my city:
Posted Image
Just an average street in Lviv
Posted Image
Many of the buildings in Lviv are still from the 13th century
Posted Image
This is outside of Ivano-Frankivks, these are houses that Ukrainians lived up to a 100 years ago, this is important to Ukraine as we are very proud of our culture and ancestors and we never get rid of what they brought us, Ivano-Frankivks is also Ukraine's most patriotic city.
Posted Image
And of course the downtown of Ivano-Frankivks
Posted Image
This is something you see at any corner of Western and Northern Ukraine.
Posted Image
Once again, the beautiful nature that is in Ukraine, the best part is that there are trails in those mountains and it is free, just bring food, water and don't litter. There also berries that are completely organic, very good, when I was hiking this summer, we made some tea from Raspberry and blackberry that we found. The highest mountain I have ever been on was the this one actually, the height of 1,721 meters ;)
Posted Image
And our lovely capital, this is the just the average street in Kyiv.
Posted Image
Kyiv at night
Posted Image
Another very interesting picture of Kyiv, Kyiv is also considered to be the greenest capital in Europe. In the background, you also see the developing apartment buildings and hotels and offices being constructed to give out the beautiful view of the Dnipro River :)

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
BORING-LOOKING ARCHITERURE? ARE YOU CRAZY, MAN? XD I prefer very much old-fashioned cities than futuristic ones. And small cities, like your, are wonderful! One day I'll visit your city. And Kvyv is also very Beautiful! I love green, I'm falling in love with Ukraine, thanks for sharing your country with us!

For me, the probem in small cities is Health & Education. At least in Brasil, small cities' health, education & sanitation are worst. Look at these images: a normal day in various Brasil cities, including São Paulo.

Posted Image
A lot of people die in the Public hospitals' queues.

Posted Image
Injured people sleeping in the corridor due to the rooms' deficit

Posted Image

Who can't pay for a particular school (so a great part of the population: Maids, Laborers, Constructors, et)c need to put their sons here (when they're in a school, happily the level of people in school is improving):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A Girl called Isadora Ferber, 13 years old, maid a Facebook community called Diário de Classe (Classbook), where she shows, in text, videos (some of them taked from the classrooms, during the class, filmed by she and from people of entire Brasil who send them to Isadora) & images, the situation of her school. See some pictures:

Posted Image
Translating: No to the Gays!

Posted Image
THE SCHOOL'S ENTRANCE

Posted Image

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

CloudAir

CloudAir

• 1 posts
Miraflores,Ica, and Machu Picchu Peru.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
I love Macchu Picchu! I plan to visit it soon. Miraflores and Ica are also very beautiful! Congratulations for your country!

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
New-Year feast at Copacabana neigborhood, in Rio de Janeiro. I'ts beautiful, but I wouldn't be on that place even if someone pays me. Too many people!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users