Photo

What's the point?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

24kGEM

24kGEM

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

That there are over 2000 profitable routes from ATL! You obviously just have a problem with competition, just deal with, lower your prices scamIFS etc. By posting about it competition know you are struggling and so they can finish you off, now back off the game

Oh ya...you're the 13 year old! I'll give you a pass this time!
I hardly have a problem with competition, and I'm not close to struggling! I'm in the top 20 with both of my airlines in this world. My point is, I don't get the point after the first few years of a world. We just spend our time reducing prices. If an airline only has 100 or so flights, it's not a big deal. But, when you're in the USA and have thousands of flights in a competitive market...I was just wondering what people do to make the game more than just trying to beat JetBlue to the lowest profitable price!
I have an Airline in Poland in a different world that is doing great. I have an airline in Asia in another world, but it's very similar to my situation in the US and I don't even check it often. I've tried Open worlds, but those are just crazy.
I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm not trying to complain, just trying to explain what I'm getting from the game so, hopefully, someone might offer suggestions (as some have) of ways I can go about playing the game to get more out of it!
Unfortunately, the thread gets loaded with banter from those who can't offer any decent suggestions and just want to offer useless information to make themselves feel better.
I just don't want to take 3-4 hours a day to try to find profitable routes...I guess that's all I'm getting at. And, I was hoping I could find something more in this game.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Oh ya...you're the 13 year old!
I hardly have a problem with competition, and I'm not close to struggling! I'm in the top 20 with both of my airlines in this world. My point is, I don't get the point after the first few years of a world. We just spend our time reducing prices. If an airline only has 100 or so flights, it's not a big deal. But, when you're in the USA and have thousands of flights in a competitive market...I was just wondering what people do to make the game more than just trying to beat JetBlue to the lowest profitable price!
I have an Airline in Poland in a different world that is doing great. I have an airline in Asia in another world, but it's very similar to my situation in the US and I don't even check it often. I've tried Open worlds, but those are just crazy.
I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm not trying to complain, just trying to explain what I'm getting from the game so, hopefully, someone might offer suggestions (as some have) of ways I can go about playing the game to get more out of it!
Unfortunately, the thread gets loaded with banter from those who can't offer any decent suggestions and just want to offer useless information to make themselves feel better.
I just don't want to take 3-4 hours a day to try to find profitable routes...I guess that's all I'm getting at. And, I was hoping I could find something more in this game.

Imagine that... Your airlines look like they are designed to make money, not do much else.

However, the game is not the only part of AE. Try releasing some press releases and create some new brands, that's always great fun. You could also join an alliance (such as they are at the moment) and try to collaborate with partners.

Now, in the actual game, you can try and make your airline realistic. That is, provide service that isn't garbage, give people some room to sit and stretch, and lower your util. Others have become even more spammier (aka SUDs): expand on every single route they find and flood it with overkill supply. Still others exist just to troll/joke with stupid prices and stupider liveries and impressive press releases of stuff that makes people laugh.

Overall, there are plenty of things to make the game more interesting. You just don't seem to be using the tools at your advantage. :)

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Oh ya...you're the 13 year old! I'll give you a pass this time!

Ahem, I spend just a small time on my actually airline everyday. To more out of the game, don't be so spammy, join an alliance, use chat, use the press release, gallery, try livery designing etc. there is a lot to do on AE. If you choose major airports you will have to spend ages trying to find profitable routes, lesser airports can supply more open routes meaning more profit.

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

I don't get the point after the first few years of a world. We just spend our time reducing prices.

With a route network like your's, yes. I don't need to worry about adjusting fares.

24kGEM

24kGEM

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts
I believe my question has been answered to my satisfaction. Probably best to close this thread! Thanks to all who responded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users