Photo

TPA-ATQ via YYZ, LHR, DEL- Crazy Trip

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

AirbusJunky

AirbusJunky

Global Connection Holdings Co-CEO

• 56 posts
On June 6, 2012, I was going to go to Amritsar, India from Tampa, Florida. Here is what the flight was suppose to be:

Tampa-Toronto on Air Canada: Departing at 12:20p.m. EDT on June 6, Arriving at 3:00p.m. EDT on June 6-Airbus A320-200
Toronto-London Heathrow on Air Canada: Departing at 6:30.m. EDT on June 6, Arriving at 6:15a.m. on June 7 BST-Boeing 767-300
London Heathrow-Amritsar via Almaty on BMI: Departing at 8:55a.m. on June 7 BST, Arriving at 1:00a.m. on June 8 IST-Airbus A330-300

Instead.....
Our flight from Toronto-London Heathrow was delayed for 2:30 because of a thunderstorm. Our flight took off at 8:00p.m. EDT instead of 6:30p.m. EDT from Toronto. The flight landed in London Heathrow at 8:30a.m. BST. Then, there was an injury on the plane, so we were stuck on the plane for another 10 minutes. It was 8:40a.m. BST when we finally got out of the plane and onto Terminal 3. We ran as fast as we could to the inter-terminal bus going to Terminal 1. We arrived at Terminal 1 at 8:45a.m. BST. We ran to security. At TPA, my mum bought some duty free, and the LHR security gave her a hard time with it. They kept saying it needs to be sealed with a certain tape, and they gave her huge hard time with it. She had a receipt with it, and everything you need to have it go through U.S. and Canada airports, but apparently the UK rules with it our different. Then, we found out that we missed our flight. So, we had to go back to Terminal 3. We saw that about 20 people were going to go on the same flight as us and came from the Toronto flight, and missed it. At Terminal 3, we had to go through the UK Customs and we went to the Terminal 3 Departures Air Canada desk. They gave us a Boeing 777-200 flight to Amritsar via Delhi on Air India.....at 9:30p.m. and it was 9:00a.m. All they gave us was 20pound voucher for food anywhere in the airport. Really, that is all they gave us, if they can't give us any accommodation, they could at least let us into their lounge at LHR, but no, it is only for first and business class passengers. Also, there is no free internet in LHR! So, we had to go to Terminal 4, where Air India is. We found a place to store our bags there, and bought some food. After that, we went to the LHR Terminal 4 Tube Station and took the Tube (the London underground metro) to Westminster station in central London. It was raining, but we went on the London Eye. After that, we took the Tube back to Terminal 4. It was about 5:00p.m. when we came back. We ate something, and at 6:00p.m., we checked in with Air India. Air India was giving us a hard time with checking in a duty free item, but luckily my mum argued with them, and they let us check in the bag for free. We went to through security and waited in the Terminal 4 until our flight boarded. We went on our flight, and took off. When we landed in Delhi at 10:00a.m. IST, there was no problem at the airport. There is free wi-fi, and we were able to get onto our Delhi-Amritsar on a Airbus A320-200 safely at 1:00p.m. IST safely. We landed in Amritsar at 2:00p.m. IST, went through customs, got our bags, and we went to my grandmother's home.

We learned a valuable lesson from this trip, never connect through London Heathrow unless if it is Terminal 5, the same airline, or if there is a super cheap flight. Also, most of the airport workers are Indian, and they are Punjabi.

Attached Files

Airbus is the best, way better than Boeing!

Guest_The No Named Ace_*

Guest_The No Named Ace_*
  • Guests
Good to see you have finally put up some pictures from that trip :P

AirbusJunky

AirbusJunky

• 56 posts
I put up some more pictures.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Crazy trip I see. How was getting back

Signature%203.png

AirbusJunky

AirbusJunky

• 56 posts
Easy. We went from ATQ-DEL, DEL-ZRH, and ZRH-TPA. No flights missed. Only problem was that there was a 6 hour layover in Zurich, but we at least knew about it. And, we stayed in the Paramount Airport Lounge in ZRH for the 6 hours. It was a nice lounge.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

It is too bad it was niot the other way around

Signature%203.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users