Photo

Big problems with R1 world airline

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ethan918

Ethan918

• 9 posts
Hi, I'm kind of new to the game since I gave up for a while and just got back to playing a couple of days ago. The point is, my two R3 world airlines are coming along quite well, but my R1 world airline (Iran Air) is slowly slipping into bankruptcy. Since I last checked it has $-1,972,873 and has basically been losing money quite fast. If anyone has some free time on their hands could they please have a look and give me some advice on how to counter this problem? Thanks!

p.s. The two letter code for my airline is IR, and the slogan is "Our mission is your safety".

Ethan918

Ethan918

• 9 posts
Now my other Iran AIr in the R3 world seems to be slipping down the road of bankruptcy as well (its the one with a capital "I" in "AIr"). I'm not too sure what is happening, though I have a hunch that its something to do with gate leases or something of the sort. Some advice please?

Dohi

Dohi

AE Ruler

• 80 posts
1. You do not utilise your aircraft hours fully. Basically you need to fly them more rather than have sit around. You need to fly them close to max 140 hours per aircraft. By doing that, you will get more money - bigger DOP

2. You have more than 1 family aircraft, which by every month you'll be charge multiple maintenance costs, and they are eating away your cash. Try to maintain 1 family in the beginning of the game. So you'll be only charge one time. If you have 3 families like the one you have in R1, you are charged by three different basic maintenance costs

3. Try to avoid Russian aircrafts, they uses much more fuel consumption. Hence your fuel expenses are big.

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

1. You do not utilise your aircraft hours fully. Basically you need to fly them more rather than have sit around. You need to fly them close to max 140 hours per aircraft. By doing that, you will get more money - bigger DOP

Not true. If he's going for quality he wants his utilization right where it is.
However, my only suggestion is looking at two things
A. Can you buy any aircraft for $0? If you can do it! It saves tons of money.
B. How much are you paying your employees? If it's above average then cut it down to average. Also, you can probably cut your reserves down to 5%. I mean how likely is it that 5% of your work force will be sick in one day?

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

Ethan918

Ethan918

• 9 posts
Thanks guys! Took your advice and the situation seems to be improving a little. Cut the reserves for staff and now using up those aircraft hours somewhat more efficiently. Plan to lease some used Aerospatiale Caravelle Is to replace the Tupolev Tu-104 (not sure why I bought it anyways), and sell the Tupolev. Is this a good idea in your opinion?

EDIT: Fuel flow is the thing that shows fuel consumption right?

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Ya get rid of the 104

Signature%203.png

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
The 104 is horrible, but the Caravelle isn't much better :P . I'd recommend you to go for some prop, like the Tu-114 or the DC-7. (unless you want to be all jet) And not all russian aircraft are fuel hogs, as e. g. The Tu-154 is better than the 727.

Ethan918

Ethan918

• 9 posts
For some reason my R3 Iran AIr airline dropped down to $-10,499,052 and the R1 Iran Air has dropped AGAIN for about the third time to 975,681 and I'm don't know why this is happening at all. If anyone has any ideas can they please give me some advice? Thanks!

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
Probably payroll day or leases were paid that day.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

For some reason my R3 Iran AIr airline dropped down to $-10,499,052 and the R1 Iran Air has dropped AGAIN for about the third time to 975,681 and I'm don't know why this is happening at all. If anyone has any ideas can they please give me some advice? Thanks!

Are your finances still sliding downward? Aeroflot seems to be doing better now :P

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts

3. Try to avoid Russian aircrafts, they uses much more fuel consumption. Hence your fuel expenses are big.

I disagree on the Russian airplanes argument. The Tupolevs Tu-204-100 and Tu-334-100 are very nice aircrafts on it's classes, specially the Tu-334 which I consider the best 90-120 PAX plane. They have good fuel consumption and great prices, which is very good for people starting out.
The Ilyushins Il-114s are also very good airplanes providing a great mix of range, minimun requirement runway and fuel consumption for it's class. The Antonov An-140 I also consider the best 50-55 seat plane, providing very nice range and really good fuel efficiency.

Yet the problem with Russian airplanes is that their families are small and most of them aren't the best of it's class. When you have lower amount of options within a plane family, when you need lower or higher PAX capacity you will inevitably need to pick up another aircraft family type, thus increasing your maintanance costs.
One good example to this is if you pick up an An-140 (which is 52 Pax) and would like to have a 70 seat a/c for a slightly higher demand routes. You don't have any other option in this family, so you would have to pick up an ATR or Bombardier Q-family for this matter.
However if you think that 100 seat plane is your next option, than you can stick to the An-140 and go after the Tu-334 as they're the best options in their classes.

Yet the Il-96s and An-72 are among the worst airplanes you could buy…

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Te best night to-120s are Avros hands down or CRj-1000El

Signature%203.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users