Pictures for some airplanes

R2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts
It's great having a world set in the last years of the "golden age" of aviation and the beginning of what would become or modern commercial flight age.

But it bothers me a lot that some airplanes are simply lacking their pictures or have some very ugly ones.
One that I can't understand the lack of a picture is the venerable Ilyushin Il-18D. Such an important aircraft in aviation and one of the most successful Soviet models, doesn't have a picture with it.
So I'd like to recommend this photo for it:
Posted Image

The B737-200adv has a hideous photo! It's almost like a scrap plane. Also doesn't make justice to the best variation of the most popular 737 jurassic line.
For it, I suggest this photo:
Posted Image

Another Boeing with awful picture is the B707-320C. And actually, the picture is of an incorrect model too, because it's of a 707-300. So I'd like to recommend this one:
Posted Image

And finally, the most hideous of all photo choices: the An-24. This very nice plane which I've flown a few times with "Cubana de Aviación" from Havana to Guantánamo (HAV/GAO) has one of the worst choices of photos, with an absolutely disgusting psychedelic malformed livery painting. For it, I have some suggestions, starting from Cubana (which I've flown recently) but also on landing and taxing:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you accept my suggestions.
Regards;

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Do those images have free distribution etc. rights? AE will only accept images that have completely free distribution rights.

ADWAM.png

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts
They're all from Wikipedia, so that's pretty much yes.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Not exactly. Each image may be under different licenses with different permissions. If you have links to the Wiki details page, we might be able to add them.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Not exactly. Each image may be under different licenses with different permissions. If you have links to the Wiki details page, we might be able to add them.

yes we need links to the page, in which it will show whether its licensed.

ADWAM.png

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts
Antonov An-24 photos:
An-24 taxing
Cubana An-24
An-24 landing

Boeing B707-320C

Boeing B737-200adv

Ilyushin Il-18D

There it goes.

Zeonvision

Zeonvision

• 7 posts
That Il-18D is copyrighted, for example, as all images from www.airliners.netI'd like to see pictures of these planes too, sometimes it feels like you're just buying names and numbers.Maybe there's a plane spotting website that keeps they're pictures open source? I'll have a look

EDIT:
The San Diego Air&Space Museum has an images with "No known copyright restictions" policy on its archives, and there are lots of pictures in there.

http://sandiegoairan..._index.php?id=3

http://www.flickr.co...25328/lightbox/

Sure, many images are not exactly... compete, even. But it's almost asured that they aren't copyrighted

Now offering mate on board!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users