Photo

A request on increase of passenger demand in Indonesia

O1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree if there is an increase of passenger demand in Indonesia? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree if there is an increase of passenger demand in Indonesia?

1. Voted Agree, as I also want to simulate, how much the profit can be gain on a good manageable airline in Indonesia (13 votes [65.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

2. Neutral, I think the passenger demand is already realistic (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Disagree, let's start the price war (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Capt. Dadan

Capt. Dadan

• 6 posts

User's Awards

Hi AE Administrator,

Greetings from JOG.

Currently I'm excited on simulating the real price of airline in Indonesia into AE. Thinking of trying a new way of playing the simulation game.

The trouble is, the number of demand in Indonesia AE, is quiet average. If I copy the airline price list to the game, I would immediately create a harsh competition to other player. Unless it is understandable with other player, I will have no issue on the current demand.

For example, currently in CGK-JOG (referring to tiket.com -I'm not advertising the website-), there are 22x daily (154x weekly) flight. I trial having 3x daily flight (referring to QZ schedule), WHAM! I instantly killed my competitor in the routes (player 406 & 575) by winning 91%.

Yes, I agree with you. In the real world, there might be factor such as connecting pax, seasonal demand or perhaps difficulty on getting actual data of passenger demand. You might be wandering, on what basis I can increase the number of passenger? OK, I can help you by sharing the data provided from Google by using key word: "Busiest airport in Indonesia". OK, too many data to lookup, we might have no time for that. How about helping increase all airport in Indonesia by 50%?

I know that technically, it can be very difficult to change the setup in the server, changing on specific region or perhaps changing on specific world (as we will periodically reset the world). I thank you all, that this game is very fun to play and has help uniting all people from around the world who has the same interest. But last but not least, it's just an input from a player, that might be in the same interest with other player :)

Thanks

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

How about helping increase all airport in Indonesia by 50%?

I think this would make the game even easier. The demand of many routes in AE is not realistic, but afterall it is just a game :)

Posted Image

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I think this would make the game even easier. The demand of many routes in AE is not realistic, but afterall it is just a game :)

I would then ask for fiji to have an increase demand but I do think adding 5% or so would be ok but 50% THAT IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH.

Signature%203.png

Dohi

Dohi

AE Ruler

• 80 posts
I completely agree. The pax demand for Indonesia market is wayyyyyyyy too low. CGK is one of the busiest airport in Asia, if not the world, with annual 55-60 million passengers flown both domestic and international. I would say the demand o domestic routes could take up to 70% of total traffic. CGK - DPS, CGK - JOG, CGK - MES, CGK - MKS, these are killers.

Also for international, AE need to sort CGK - SIN, this is one the busiest route in the world. The demand is for this in AE is too low.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

many routes in ae are too low. this is because you have to split pax numbers with every single bloody combo possible. if you wanted demand to be the same then routes like CGK-JNB would have 0 demand.

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
I am getting round to updating as many countries as possible, it just takes a long time.

eu30cUI.png

Capt. Dadan

Capt. Dadan

• 6 posts

User's Awards

The demand of many routes in AE is not realistic, but afterall it is just a game :)

Yes spanishdave :P, not an ordinary game I would say, its a simulation game

I would then ask for fiji to have an increase demand but I do think adding 5% or so would be ok but 50% THAT IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH.

Hi Nexus7, it is because I'm not sure how to update the information. Is it by using command "update airport_demand set passenger_demand = '41567890' where airport_code = 'CGK'", of course that would take long time. Or the simpler command "update airport_demand set passenger_demand = 1.05*passenger_demand where region_code = 'INA'. Or perhaps the AE team is just by clicking it one by one ^_^

I completely agree. CGK is one of the busiest airport in Asia, if not the world, with annual 55-60 million passengers flown both domestic and international.

Yes my friend, CGK is not the only one of the busiest airport, but also the busiest "bus station". Strange that you can even have a traffic jam in an airport >_>

this is because you have to split pax numbers with every single bloody combo possible.

Yes, I agree with you. There are combination that need to be lookup and I have wrote it anyway. Well, QG daily pax is 157,647 in AE, and his/her airline only getting 11% of the market share. HP daily pax is 253,424, his/hers only got 15%. Mine is 22,212, got 74% of the market share. I'm not sure what is their connecting pax number. But we can assume from the number of pax, they should have more larger connecting pax number. Not sure how their display looks like. Is it all "blue" or not O_O

I am getting round to updating as many countries as possible, it just takes a long time.

Great! Thanks Moldova96 :)

IMHO, it is very difficult to get so accurate on everything. But at least we can have something that is near to accurate :P

Thanks

Edited by Capt. Dadan, 18 October 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: O1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users