Photo

Cheating

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Flyingmad

Flyingmad

• 11 posts
Should same IPs be able to crate multiple airlines?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first vote and i screw it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

It should have been NO. Same IPs should NOT have multiple airlines becuase that way, there are too many ways people then could use this situation to there advantages and if wouldnt be a fair game and everyone would just cheat to be number 1, which will ruined the atmosphere of the game and people will just go away and not come back, and new members will not join!!!!!

Binter

Binter

• 49 posts
I think that all the applications for accounts must be supervised. By this way, people can create subsidiaries and afiliates (like in the real world) and people that are cheating won't have it as easy as now. Also, in some houses there are static IP, and what if 'Carlos' and his dad, or his brother want to join AE?

So, my vote is YES! There are more efective filters than the proposed.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
This was pretty much covered already. I don't see a reason for a poll.

Banning an IP address from having multiple accounts will not solve the problem. There are still dial up users and others that either have access to computers with different IP's or that get unique IP's each time they log on.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Its too unrealistic to ban mulitple id's because you'll run into problems of married couples, brothers that want to play..

And yeah, this will not solve anything, because as drv4truk said, a lot of ip's change every time.

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Like Nathaniel and drv4truk already said, I think banning multiple accounts from the same IP would not solve the problem of cheating. Cheaters will always find ways around that. Instead, such a rule is more likely to make matters much worse for groups of people who play from the same computer or same private network.

juancho

juancho

• 43 posts
Alright, I think we get the point.

Banning IPs won't solve anything.

Thank you. Case closed.

Jaime

Jaime

• 504 posts
I think banning IPs is not a great idea, what would happen with people that have familiars playing, that group of guys that log in at the same university, school, work, residence...?

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
Whereas at this moment, airlines with the same ip are not able to do business with each other, airlines have figured out how to. By restricting one account per ip, one is not doing much. Sure you might stop the common wannabe cheater, but you also close the door to legit players that live in the same household and have a not-so dynamic ip (ie DSL).
If an airline wants to cheat, they will find ways to do it. There are ways using one computer and a "dynamic" ip to get around this. Some of you know what i mean so I won't tell the cheaters how its done.

flick70

flick70

• 18 posts
I have no problem with people having more than one airline...unless they are using one as a mule to make the other stronger.

In THAT case, if caught ALL airlines for that user should be shut down. Exploiters need to be removed so we can get back to the core business of beta-testing the game.

Jevans19

Jevans19

• 31 posts

Originally posted by S.A. 13
Whereas at this moment, airlines with the same ip are not able to do business with each other, airlines have figured out how to. By restricting one account per ip, one is not doing much. Sure you might stop the common wannabe cheater, but you also close the door to legit players that live in the same household and have a not-so dynamic ip (ie DSL).
If an airline wants to cheat, they will find ways to do it. There are ways using one computer and a "dynamic" ip to get around this. Some of you know what i mean so I won't tell the cheaters how its done.

Very well said. I would hate for something to happen to the brothers/married couples that play this game legit.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
[edit]

Forgot about something

Still, everyone having 2 airlines will suck up the bandwidth.. all you need is one.. even for your so called 'purpose for having it'

[Edited on 6/8/2005 by Nathaniel]

Jevans19

Jevans19

• 31 posts

Originally posted by AirKevin
I run 2 airlines. However, I use the second to help other members in the event of bugs. Example: There was one member who wanted to take his aircraft off the used aircraft market, but couldn't do so. I can declare bankruptcy, sell my planes, buy his plane, and sell it back to him. Now he can have his plane back.

Kevin, just get rid of the second one, that excuse sounds a little bit like a cheat.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
You are opening yourself up to critizism for running 2 and possibly using 1 to cheat with your main one or to other airlines.

All you need is one, we know of these bugs and they are being fixed

philliptan

philliptan

• 38 posts
This poll isn't even official but I'll throw in my two cents too. My wife and I play this game so yes I would be against any limitations on IPs. In principle, it's a good idea, but it just can't work.

Luigi

Luigi

• 37 posts
LMAO...look at Pg. 50 in the rankings....about 7 or 8 airlines with "Wing" in them....LMFAO...can't believe someone would do that

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
and systemairways1 through like 10 .. been brought up before...

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69

It should have been NO. Same IPs should NOT have multiple airlines becuase that way, there are too many ways people then could use this situation to there advantages and if wouldnt be a fair game and everyone would just cheat to be number 1, which will ruined the atmosphere of the game and people will just go away and not come back, and new members will not join!!!!!

I DID THE SAME THING :mad: 'cept my vote shoulda been yes

[Edited on 6/10/2005 by Atlantic_Air]

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Originally posted by Atlantic_Air

Originally posted by Maestro69

I DID THE SAME THING :mad: 'cept my vote shoulda been yes

[Edited on 6/10/2005 by Atlantic_Air]

Then you're even with each other and everything is fine, isn't it? :(

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
just look at it this way. I'm on my third ip-addy this week and i'm on DSL :( so its not that tough to change ips

EDIT: make that my fourth

[Edited on 6/10/2005 by S.A. 13]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users