Photo

The Steve Campaign Centre

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I am officially declaring my candidacy as an independent, as I identify strongly with our Founding Fathers by being against the idea of political parties. I will work to ensure their abolition to (hopefully) create a political system more accountable to the voter, instead of forcing them to choose between stubborn blanket ideals.

Personally I believe in relatively high degrees of personal freedom, but I must stress to the people a saying I adhere to: "Just because I can do something, doesn't mean I should". While people may lose their property, they cannot and should not lose their inalienable rights outlined in the Constitution. I believe that the government that governs least governs best, however if people have fallen on hard times programs should exists to help them get back on their feet as quickly as possible, because I personally am happiest when I can be put to some kind of work.

Economically, I feel that government should allow the private sector to flourish, as it drives the innovation and creativity that improve our nation and the world. But government should also keep an eye on it to ensure that the people are being treated fairly by business. This includes maintaining a minimum wage that increases with the inflation rate, the rights of workers to petition for improved working conditions. My commitment to the working man is evident in my plan to introduce massive tax hikes directed towards companies who ship our jobs overseas, leaving the people of this country with less opportunity. I am also in favour of keeping departments like the EPA, SEC, etc etc relatively in place to keep the private sector in check, however not granting these institutions too much power to keep them in check.

I am a firm believer that education, scientific research and exploration are the undeniable keys to the future of our nation and the planet. So I aim to increase funding for schools, colleges, and organizations like NASA to ensure that we do not stagnate in old ideas. While it is a blatant fact that petroleum and fossil fuel based energy is our nation's lifeblood, it is also a well known fact that these resources are finite. I do not know for fact how long these will be around for, but there is no time like the present to begin the transition to a sustainable, green nation.

I believe strongly that the government must be a secular establishment, as dictated by our Founding Fathers and the Constitution, and thus has no place in governing morality, and should treat all people, citizens or not, with a fair hand.

In terms of foreign policy I can only see that the country is going to have equally powerful neighbors on the global stage, so instead of driving the world towards confrontation, I aim to work in tandem with the world to ensure that we leave a better world for our posterity, as our forefathers did for us. Today's military is caught up in bulk and is slow to react to our fast-paced world. So I hope to create a military that is leaner, meaner and more efficient; using less resources to accomplish more to ensure the security of our people.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to voice your opinion, it is after all your right.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Bilal

Bilal

Former Governor of Lostiana

• 324 posts
That's Wonderful Steve

egwrhw3rhwrh

egwrhw3rhwrh

Boeing Master Race

• 318 posts

User's Awards

tl;dr

dmYeOVn.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Honestly, Andre, that post makes me feel bad for both you and our instant entertainment, bullet point, buzz word society.

The Best Discord Server

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
"While it is a blatant fact that petroleum and fossil fuel based energy is our nation's lifeblood, it is also a well known fact that these resources are finite. I do not know for fact how long these will be around for, but there is no time like the present to begin the transition to a sustainable, green nation."

Essentially I'm saying that now is the time for introducing readily available (however not essentially perfect) green energy sources, like biofuels.

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users