BAE AVRO RJ100 fleet replacement.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Skyhawk535

Skyhawk535

AE Player

• 25 posts
Hello people!

I am doing it well in the game... with about 50million cash and 7 aircraft in my fleet HellenicAir is still climbing :D

I have a question, I got 4 Avro RJ100 (2 aircraft with 12years of service, 2 aircraft with 15 years of service). The leasing contracts for these aircraft will be finished in the next two years (the first one already in two 'virtual' weeks!).

Is it smart to buy them from the company? Or just expend the leasing period? Or what I thaught, buy new aircraft to replace the older...

Then, wich one should I take... in the used market the aircraft with the Avro capacity or more are much older or at the same age, but if I'm looking for new aircraft to buy, I don't have many choice.

Any suggestions?

Grts
SkyHawk!

TJ/TeeJay

TJ/TeeJay

The Flying Dutchman

• 369 posts
When you want to replace them, you can terminated them. It is also possible to lease one brandnew aircraft and replace the four RJ100 by an ATR or something.
How older the plane how cheaper they are.

No signature.

Skyhawk535

Skyhawk535

AE Player

• 25 posts

When you want to replace them, you can terminated them. It is also possible to lease one brandnew aircraft and replace the four RJ100 by an ATR or something.
How older the plane how cheaper they are.

It's difficult to replace avro's with atr's... range and maximum takeoff weight is lower, and less passengers...

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Avro's shall live on!

ADWAM.png

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts
Most of Avro's where replaced with E-170 or 190 it the flight where all ways full.

Skyhawk535

Skyhawk535

AE Player

• 25 posts

Avro's shall live on!

Haha, yeah I like those Jumbolino's as well ;) Watching Brussels Airlines Avro's every day :P '4 APU's and still smiling' or what did they say about it? :P

But in the game, it's not economicly to keep them flying when they are so old?

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Brussels Avro comes to Manchester everyday but I don't always see it because most the time the aircraft land Southbound. Mainly because approaching Northbound means having to work in unison with Liverpool. CityJets Avro's used to fly over but since routes were cancelled there and now there's only the Antwerp route where they use fokker 50's.

ADWAM.png

Skyhawk535

Skyhawk535

AE Player

• 25 posts

Brussels Avro comes to Manchester everyday but I don't always see it because most the time the aircraft land Southbound. Mainly because approaching Northbound means having to work in unison with Liverpool. CityJets Avro's used to fly over but since routes were cancelled there and now there's only the Antwerp route where they use fokker 50's.

A few years ago VLM was operating a single Bae 146-300 as well but it revenue's weren't that good so they suspended operations with the type and just flew further on with their fleet of F50's, sadly, it merged into Cityjet :S

Here at Brussels National you still see Swissair and Brussels Airlines and even Korongo (operated by brussels aircraft, it's a new subsidiary in the Dem. Rep. of Congo of Bru airlines ;)) Lufthansa RJ85's (in the past, mostly Embraer E-Jets now...

Exodus

Exodus

Calculator

• 48 posts

User's Awards

Like James said, the E190 or even E195 would do well. With the E190 you can swap them 1 for 1.
If leases are to end shortly, you can just terminate and pay a small fee. If they still have a long time to go, it's sometimes more economic to buy them from the leasor and immediatly sell them again.
Always aim high !

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
The E195 is slightly too small for RJ100s and it also lacks takeoff capabilties. The CS100 is a much better replacement (just like Swiss are doing it.)
edit: the Fuel flow is much better too.

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
I replaced the RJ100 with the CS300ER

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I run 20+ year old jets no worries :P
Your Avros should be fine :P

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Avros should live forever! best aircraft :D

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

It isnt spam. I am putting purposeful posts. I dont feel this is appropriate for this thread.

I was voiceing my love for Avro's in this one.

ADWAM.png

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

But i looked and you had a post in all of the subforums :/

I believe he is filly my role. :P

and without my permission.  :/

Signature%203.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users