3 planes already

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts

Originally posted by dazwalsh
secondry accounts do not work..it will not let u sell an aircraft to an airline if you have logged into that airline on your computer

This one makes no sense as most people can have access to a second or third PC. Let me see maybe a network or even the school, friend or work computer.

Believe me if I wanted to cheat, I could create at least 18 different airlines and nobody could do anything about it

[Edited on 9/23/2005 by vimac]

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts

Originally posted by StephenM
I dont think that he would be able to buy any gates when the 2 Q400's are delivered either, as the credit would be too low starting off, and if the usual deliveries bug kicks in, he could end up the same way as Graf Atlantic did with the A330.

He probably bought the gates before buying the Q400's that way he can start them immediatly. ALso he has 1 B1900 left

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Ah yes, that will keep the gates in use. But there is a bug that returns gates if they are not in use straight away when aircraft are delivered, thats what Graf Atlantic suffered from when his A330 arrived and his 2 gates were returned with not enough credit to buy new ones with.

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts

Originally posted by vimac

Such a shame this nice game is being destroyed by cheaters ;)

First things first, if you had read my posts above, you would have seen what happened.

My friends have been playing for months now, and with the recent server and database problems, they got fed up with that. You can check their IDs, if you want to, just let me know and I will get them for you.

I am not a cheater. If you read again what I wrote up there, you will see I did not cheat, but used an opportunity offered to me by my friends. I sold with a small profit, and made enough money to buy said Q400s (separately, I did not expect the additional influx in planes to sell, so I had to buy the second one later, when the funds became available).

I am also still operating one Beech, as said, and have the gates for the rest of my routes already in posesion. Again, I am not cheating, it is something I myself strongly detest. I am not about to do so myself. I want to build my airline in a fair way. As far as I can tell, I did not do anything wrong with what I did. Didn't I help others expand because of selling those planes that would never have come into the game again if these guys didn't send them to me after they created their airline? I made a profit on them, yes, but tell me, had you gotten such an offer, would you not have done so? In the previous version it happened all the time. It's a matter of offer and demand. There is demand, I got cheap offers, which I sold again (since there was/is great demand) with a slight profit. That's business, and that's what this game, ultimately, is all about: Simulating a business in a market environment.

As for the gates: They should only be returned 2 days from now, by which time I have the Q400s. I got them today, 24 hours after starting, I should get the warning about unused gates, but at the same time I would get my planes, as said, and will put them on the routes. Perhaps Graf had to wait a while, since the Airbus cue was long?

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
TimS,

I just stated that the game barely started and we have already so many suspicious situations. It was not meant to have a specific target ;)

[Edited on 9/23/2005 by vimac]

Elan

Elan

• 53 posts
  • WLM ID:elansu37@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Ebpilot3
  • Yahoo ID:elansu37
I have been playing this game for over a year. I have never seen this happen??

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
Well, I just bought a Beech for $3,000,000.00!!! Go figure some strategies on this game..

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Nice one. I guess I should be constantly hitting F5 like some of the others here to get those good deals. There are a number of airlines selling aircraft for over $5M. Do they understand that everyone is starting out with $5M in cash, so it may be a few days before those aircraft sell?

jakatta2005

jakatta2005

• 28 posts
i just saw beeches for sale at $10mil

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Vimac: It's okay, I'm just clarifying how I did it. I'd hate to be seen as a cheater.. ;)

Originally posted by vimac
Well, I just bought a Beech for $3,000,000.00!!! Go figure some strategies on this game..

I know at least one of my friends put them on the public market accidentally,around that price. Lucky guy that gets it, unfortunate for me. But hey, that's life, and I'm not going to complain the way things stand at the moment :)

Tim

Jankstar

Jankstar

• 21 posts
i have 3 airplane ,
i had the "luck" to get it for4,5 mil, some even get it cheaper...
i am not sure if this is an atvantage for me cause it will delay my fleet plans for 1 day(month),

id could be an good tactic to serll all ur beeches and order an better ac

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
tims .. this can be called as having TENOUPLE airlines because you are using them to your advantage to get ahead in the game.... its still thearetically cheating in a way because you were able to get planes for 3 mil.... which is almost as low as you can go.... and then the fact that its like 6 airlines you did this with.. coiincidence or are you telling a lie?

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
Is it cheating? if someone sells their plane for 3 mil then thats fair, whichever airline buys it gets a good deal etc?

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Nath:

I am not lying. As i said before, a few friends of mine (some with IDs actually from before my own) didn't want to continue with the game, and sold me their planes cheap (yes, around 3 million as I said)
So, direct answer to your question: Yes, coincidence, though a fair few airlines in the previous game did join after I mentioned the game to them.

I wouldn't go as far as calling that cheating, though I could find myself in a point that it would be slightly out of the ordinary, perhaps not entirely fair. You could also call it clever to pull off such deals. In any event, I am not receiving these planes at prices that are not allowed..

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
its still using the airlines to your advantage of getting better aircraft... this could as i said be called using double or more airlines as your own because its just using them to get an advantage compared to everyone else who is playing fairly.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
yes, but nate, he got the planes from an airlines that quit. That's how I got a one of my SAABs before Embre's collapse.

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
It isn't against the rules to recieve discounted aircraft from airlines that have folded or declared bankruptcy, right? Obviously since I only have but 2 planes I havent done it yet. lol

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yes i know, but they should be sold at market value if they are quitting to be fair than just selling @ the lowest price because he wants to find a cheap way to get infront of everybody.

jakatta2005

jakatta2005

• 28 posts
if they are quitting the game they should be able to sell them at whatever price they want within the %50-%200 limits.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
What I cant understand is why people quit when the game is'nt even running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users