Photo

New Alternate History World

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a good idea? (read below) (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea? (read below)

1. Voted yes (36 votes [78.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. no (10 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BlackenTheSun

BlackenTheSun

• 4 posts
A new world where in the the revolutionary wars never happened!

Every providence/state is their own country! I.E.:
-Arizona and New York and the rest of the USA are seperate countries instead of them all being apart of the U.S.
-Canada is split into separate countries, like Quebec and Montreal
-Other countries that could be split by some means of altering history, like north and south china or East and West Germany perhaps, but I have never really flown in the Asia or European region so I have no idea how that part of the world would react.

Some may not like this idea, but it would completely change the "power" countries in the game.

Limit the number of airlines allowed to join an alliance
Do this somewhere in the range between 10-15. This would create more loyalty and play to one's alliance because if I was a New York airline and I ally with one of the California Airlines, being able to use their HUBs would allow for me to create a much greater profit flying from NY to CA, but my alliance would have to select carefully being as there is only a few members to select per alliance. I believe this would slow growth and create a more "team" oriented game alliance game.

I would suggest a large number of airlines allowed on that particular world such as 300+ because there are more countries to work with and less hubs per airline to build in the "power" countries.

Ideas or changes to this feel free to post and discuss!!

FlyingDutchman7

FlyingDutchman7

AE Player

• 39 posts
Like I said earlier, I like the idea of the limited alliance.
I have more concerns on the history part of this. It is quite difficult to determine how the countries would fall apart. There was no Germany or West and East Germany before 1870. They were, kind of like Europe now, seperate states with an agreement that kind of holds them together. Areas have been part of multiple kingdoms in the past. For example, my village has belonged to The Netherlands, a German empire, the Spanish empire, the Austro-Hungarian empire, different duchies, but also to Nazi Germany and to Napoleon-France. Right now it's part of the Netherlands, but when the Netherlands split apart, this village wanted to belong to Belgium.
On another note, this kind of feels like the one-hub game.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Every providence/state is their own country! I.E.:
-Arizona and New York and the rest of the USA are seperate countries instead of them all being apart of the U.S.
-Canada is split into separate countries, like Quebec and Montreal
-Other countries that could be split by some means of altering history, like north and south china or East and West Germany perhaps, but I have never really flown in the Asia or European region so I have no idea how that part of the world would react.

Some may not like this idea, but it would completely change the "power" countries in the game.

I'm not even sure if this is possible based on the way the game is coded and the countries are logged in the database. I have a feeling it's not.

Limit the number of airlines allowed to join an alliance
Do this somewhere in the range between 10-15. This would create more loyalty and play to one's alliance because if I was a New York airline and I ally with one of the California Airlines, being able to use their HUBs would allow for me to create a much greater profit flying from NY to CA, but my alliance would have to select carefully being as there is only a few members to select per alliance. I believe this would slow growth and create a more "team" oriented game alliance game.

I would suggest a large number of airlines allowed on that particular world such as 300+ because there are more countries to work with and less hubs per airline to build in the "power" countries.

This would mostly impact the in-game (mom & pop) alliances with no limits. It would not affect most of the standard (all world? / in forums?) alliances.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
Dafuq? Montreal is not a province, it is a city in Quebec.

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
An I think the time period your suggesting either aircraft don't exist yet, or they seat like 5 people at max.......

BlackenTheSun

BlackenTheSun

• 4 posts
To clear up a few things, the idea of "alternate history" is that something in the past that did happen, happened a different way or not at all. Before the revolutionary war most of the country was split among "states" and when people were asked where they were from someone would say "I'm a Virginian" rather than "I'm an American", and most of this carried over until WW1 actually, and if the revolutionary war never happened we can just assume each state declared its independence from its respective country sometime before the start of the world.

This world would not be very realistic obviously because the revolutionary war DID happen.

As far as other countries like Canada (sorry about the mix up there I'm on the border of Mexico and uneducated on Providences in Canada) I would just say split the larger countries that are already split. E and W Germany is just an Idea along w other countries, and if this is a plausible idea we could colaberate our AE minds as to which countries would be split and which would stay together.

As far as time frame we could just take a poll as to the time frame, but i was thinking somewhere around the area of 1970ish and such.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
This is actually a very interesting idea... :P

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
I would pwn North Dakota.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Wait this can be under consideration while AE4 is getting pushed farther back. I'm confused.

Signature%203.png

AirbusJunky

AirbusJunky

Global Connection Holdings Co-CEO

• 56 posts
What about small countries like Switzerland? Will it be under the cantons. Like Zurich, Basel, and Geneva are 3 different countries. And how about union territories/national capital states like Washington D.C., Delhi, London, Beijing, e.t.c.? Also, then states/provinces that are populated like Georgia, New York, Alberta, Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Washington, California, Texas will be crammed with airlines. By the way, Quebec City and Montreal are in the same province. They are both in Quebec.
Airbus is the best, way better than Boeing!

BlackenTheSun

BlackenTheSun

• 4 posts

This is actually a very interesting idea... :P

Hopefully everyone else thinks so! :D

What about small countries like Switzerland? Will it be under the cantons. Like Zurich, Basel, and Geneva are 3 different countries. And how about union territories/national capital states like Washington D.C., Delhi, London, Beijing, e.t.c.? Also, then states/provinces that are populated like Georgia, New York, Alberta, Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Washington, California, Texas will be crammed with airlines. By the way, Quebec City and Montreal are in the same province. They are both in Quebec.

When I say we split countries, all countries with divisible internal borders do not have to be split. I.E. London would be part of G.B. and Beijing part of northern China (or we can keep china as a whole, i think it should be up to the community.) Like china has many provinces but simply splitting it in half would accomplish the idea we are trying to get at here. As for over crowding in states, doesn't this happen already? And of there are too many airlines in Atlanta then the market demand should push out most of those airliners until it is back down to what the state can support.

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

It is a pretty interesting idea, but first thing first: They are 'provinces' not 'providences'; just reading that makes me cringe...

GB could be split into England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, etc.; Russia can be split into the old SSRs or current oblasts; Australia could be split into provinces; New Zealand into N & S islands; India into pradeshes; and so on. I agree that it would probably be tough, but it's a pretty cool idea nonetheless. For those countries that can't be split, fine. Leave as is. We'd easily go from 200 or so jurisdictions to 400-500. I also like the idea of a full split in China because of the size of some of the markets. Some of the provinces would still have multiple large markets.

I've made a couple of airlines in the past that did just that. I had one with all departing flights from various British Columbian airports & another based in Austin, TX with only departing flights from Texan airports.

I imagine that in this game, places like California, Texas, Florida, and England would become huge dogfights...

Call me crazy, but I like the idea of limiting the size of alliances not just for this theme game, but for all games.

Berubium.png

Zmapper

Zmapper

1500-some days left...

• 437 posts
What about if relative income and traffic demand were completely inverted? For example, Africa would essentially be a first world continent. with a ton of demand, and the US would be a third world nation with little demand.

Honestly, while I know the US inside and out, I don't know very much African geography, so this would provide a very nice challenge. :)

There goes CRAZY uncle Ron, BABBLING about the unsustainablity of multiple WARS. -Jon Stewart
Posted Image

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

lets split it like s1914 :P

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

We should split it up with limits. Say for every 25mil pax in an area a second airline is aloud.

Signature%203.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
If states were divided into countries, Ireland would be made into 32 countries, only 8 of which have airports and only 2 or 3 of those airports are worth flying from (Dublin, Cork and Shannon)

Qegamer

Qegamer

AE Player

• 61 posts

Also, maybe less extreme things, such as different plane manufacturers/models, or different countries, such as Russia is split between the Tsars and Novgorod republic, or the Incan empire/other native american nations survives, also things that are not insane, like it would be a mess if areas are different, I mean I can understand the Wales-England-Scotland split, but the borders of america and the world will be different if states/provinces are independent, that will be total insanity for historians.

Qegamer

Qegamer

AE Player

• 61 posts

or airships survive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users