Photo

Last years trip all the way from Sweden to Indonesia

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lax7

Lax7

Director of Eurasia Airlines Group and member airlines, SAA &

• 92 posts
So, sorry that its a bit outdated, however just thought it might be a little interesting to share!
Anyways, my trip started from a city up north of Sweden, Lulea and goes all the way down to Indonesia.
It started off with a flight from LLA to ARN on board Scandinavian Airlines B737-700 on a 1h 15m flight.

Next I boarded Lufthansa flight to Nice, France to get to Monaco and spend a few days with a close friend of mine, before proceeding to Indonesia.
Didnt take pictures fromt he flight, but here goes some pictures during my stay.

Posted Image
Lovely view of the city.
After finally arrived, took the chance to get myself a frostie, and chill out by the balcony while enjoying the splendid view.

So after a few days have gone by, I flew back to Sweden to board Qatar Airways A330-200 to Doha, and then a connecting flight the next day to Indonesia onbaord an A330-300.
I decided to spend the day in Doha since they had a pretty sweet deal from the airline where I need to pay $100 and that gets me a one night stay in a 4 star Best Western Hotel in Doha, including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with free transportation to and from the airport. Sounds unbelievable huh? I picked this choice since it would save me a few more bucks on the ticket price. It was worth it.
Sorry for the crappy aircraft pic.

Posted Image

Best Western in Doha...didnt get to take so much pics.

Next up, is the 8 hour long flight from Doha-Jakarta. Flight was overbooked and I bought my tickets on coach, but got upgraded to Business Class( Ive been upgraded 3x more times since 2011-2012, I can
really recommend this airline).
However, they first told me that they would upgrade me since I am a member of the Priviledge club but then she said 'However sir, we do not allow jeans in our Business Class'.
That made me think, in my opinion that is probably one of the most ridicilous rule I have heard. Correct me if im worng, since I dont fly Business very often but is that rule actually true??
Anyways, I was wearing a blazer so to her it was okay. Again, sorry I did not take pics, but I was saving my camera for something more adventurous.
After arriving in Jakarta, which is more or less home, i spent a few days there and then I left a again to my destination which is in Central Java.
Detail wise, this island that I am going to is exactly around 70nm directly North of the Java Sea from the city of Semarang.

So here are the pictures:

Posted Image

Getting ready to taxi. Aircraft is CESSNA 402B

Posted Image

Cruising at 6,000 feet. Captain Yahno and our mechanic. Usually the mechanic does not join our flights, but since we were carrying cargo and the outbound flight
was bringing guests checking out from the island, we brought the mechanic to do checks before the next flight. The flight just did some major
maintenance and upgrades in Darwin, Australia which was nearly worth 2x than the original price tag of the aircraft...So there the mechanic was checking all parameters.

Posted Image

Upon arrival. This 8 seater work horse is an excellent machine....Built in 1974 bytheway! :P :P

Next, we take a boat trip from the main island (which has the airport) to the final destination, called Kura-Kura Resort, about 30 minutes away.

And finally, here is where I came to:

Posted Image
Posted Image

After spending a few days, then its the trip back to Jakarta, and then spent around 2 months before going back to Sweden. The pictures will tell the rest. :)

Posted Image

Final Approach. See the runway?
Posted Image

Last pic, the aircraft was named after me :D

Posted Image

I sure hope you guys enjoyed my report!

Sorry its a bit short in everything, I have tons more pics but the forum does not allow me to post more.

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

Lax7

Lax7

• 92 posts
Here are the missing pics!

The order is same as the story line :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
Nice pics! ;)

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Lax7

Lax7

• 92 posts
Thanks!

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   
Awesome trip! Karimun Jawa island is on my destination list next time I go back to Indonesia.
Not to Kura-kura Resort though, it's too expensive and don't even mention the air shuttle, lol.
Have your camera handy when travelling and take more pictures :P

Dohi

Dohi

AE Ruler

• 80 posts
Kura-Kura Resort ?? Waaaaa sooooo richhhhhh

Lax7

Lax7

• 92 posts

Awesome trip! Karimun Jawa island is on my destination list next time I go back to Indonesia.
Not to Kura-kura Resort though, it's too expensive and don't even mention the air shuttle, lol.
Have your camera handy when travelling and take more pictures :P

Haha, yeah Karimun Jawa is a must to see destination nowdays..Packed with tourists all the time! If you ever thinking of going, hit me up! I go there pretty much every year..Used to go there much more often when I was still living in
Indonesia! And next time, Ill buy a decent camera! :)

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts
I also have a plan to visit Karimun Jawa in the next 2-3 months, backpackers! :awesome:

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Lax7

Lax7

• 92 posts

I also have a plan to visit Karimun Jawa in the next 2-3 months, backpackers! :awesome:

Take pictures and post them here! :) I highly recommend that you take a tour of the islands and perhaps do some snorkling on the Northern side of Karimun Jawa, near the Dewadaru airport. There lies a wreck from a 1947 dutch steam ship which is lying on the bottom at about 15-20 metres. If can, take a dive!

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts
Well,it depends on the condition of my wallet though :P
I really wanted to go to Raja Ampat actually,lots of :awesome: diving spots there but its too bloody expensive :(

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   
@Lax7: cool, will let you know! But please don't take me to Kura-kura, I'm sparing my rupiah for other destination as well :P
@adityapratama: we should go together then.. I should be back in Indonesia around October

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users