Photo

Unscheduled Reset

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
However it looks like not everything has been reset, the emaildatabase looks still full.
When I try to create a new airlines using one of my email addresses the systems says that the email is already in use, but I havent logged since the reset (better a month before the reset). Now I had to use an existing?? account that I could remember the emailaddress of.

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
Will this reset also be used to correct some incorrect specifications on some aircraft (like the A380 max seating)?
As no-one has other aircraft then the starters aircraft you will harm no-one with it and it also will not conflict with existing aircraft.

Or am I wrong with this?

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
:cool: J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS :cool:

Lets see how this plays out starting from scratch with everyone.

A_plane_lunatic

A_plane_lunatic

• 18 posts
I am ready to rock and roll! Central Valley Aviation is gonna run with the big dogs.

g-w-r

g-w-r

Tycoon

• 328 posts
  • WLM ID:graham_w_r@hotmail.com
this is fantasic. i love a new challange and it meens all the mistakes i made last time... i can fix this time!... mistakes such as buying an erj-135er

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
Great news, I wish good luck to all of my fellow competitors
*Mutters* You'll need it */mutter*
;)

[Edited on 9/23/2005 by Timsher]

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
That's it, i'am leaving. It's the 4th reset since i've started. This game has grown from something cool to a game which is dominated by kids. The game is FAR from realistic. Sorry, it's a waste of my time. I'am VERY dissapointed in the management of the game. The game has so much potential however it's all spoiled. Contact me when the game is in a more mature phase, cause now it's still an embryo... An embryo which struggles to stay alive...

[Edited on 23/9/2005 by EuropAir]

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Bye Bye then. That just makes a little bit more space in the database for the rest of us. I'm actually hoping for more people that decide not to play just so that there will be less data for the server to handle. ;)

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Ain't gonna happen (leaving). Reset just means mistakes I made last time won't happen. Also means I have chances of starting over again and coming up with a different approach.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
agreed, like not being in an alliance;) ;)

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by EuropAir
That's it, i'am leaving. It's the 4th reset since i've started. This game has grown from something cool to a game which is dominated by kids. The game is FAR from realistic. Sorry, it's a waste of my time. I'am VERY dissapointed in the management of the game. The game has so much potential however it's all spoiled. Contact me when the game is in a more mature phase, cause now it's still an embryo... An embryo which struggles to stay alive...

Hmmmmmmm I would say...written by a NON 16 or Under year old.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Originally posted by EuropAir

Well, its sad to see an airline go which started in AE v1 and was succesful..

However, leaving the game aint going to resolve the issues u know. U merely trying to state ur issues with the game over and over again. Now, u say AE needs to be fixed in certain areas, we all agree on that but we dont go around and stating it over and over again...

I think the best way is to stick out with the current game, which has many issues and give Miller the feedback he requires to make sure he can pinpoint the issues with the game. If we all walked out on AE, then Miller would have no one to work with here...

Thats just my thoughts...

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
  • WLM ID:antserafino@gmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:finorocks123
I agree.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
shame.

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
And plus are they going to have new aircraft in this version because thats what I've heard.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
how?? new aircraft would involve a reset ;)

Unless, of course, the airlien broker comes in, but i havent heard anything, so just stick to what we got, i think that would be best...

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by Anthony13
And plus are they going to have new aircraft in this version because thats what I've heard.

Go back to the start of the thread and read it again. The reset is not to add new features, but to mainly empty out the database. So, unless something is done about the number of airlines in AE, the database server, or how the data is managed by the server, then expect another reset somewhere between year 7-10. That should be around the time that we start seeing the database server going off line again or needing to be reset every 10-30 hours again. Unless of course, a reset is needed before that time so that new features can be added.

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
Ok, thanks for the info.

A_plane_lunatic

A_plane_lunatic

• 18 posts
Somehow, it seems that people tend to forget that AE is still in BETA stage, which menas there are gonna be bugs and other problems.

With that in mind, we should all just stick with Miller until everything gets worked out and we see just how cool the game really can be.

ajax_rotterd

ajax_rotterd

• 63 posts

Origineel gepost door A_plane_lunatic
Somehow, it seems that people tend to forget that AE is still in BETA stage, which menas there are gonna be bugs and other problems.

With that in mind, we should all just stick with Miller until everything gets worked out and we see just how cool the game really can be.

I agree on that, some people are addicted to it and reset´s will happen especially when this game is getting so populair so we should support miller by clicking on the google ads so miller gets more money for investing in this site(I think) like buying a faster server and things like that.

Origineel gepost door drv4truk

Go back to the start of the thread and read it again. The reset is not to add new features, but to mainly empty out the database. So, unless something is done about the number of airlines in AE, the database server, or how the data is managed by the server, then expect another reset somewhere between year 7-10. That should be around the time that we start seeing the database server going off line again or needing to be reset every 10-30 hours again. Unless of course, a reset is needed before that time so that new features can be added.

People should realise that making many accounts is the cause of that.
Maybe it´s a good option that you can only have 1 account per IP-Adress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users