Photo

Who is Kiwi Air?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
I am not asking who is Kiwi, but who is Kiwi Air.

http://www.airlineem...php?player=2659

This player has a fleet of one Beech and one Saab.

This player has lots of Airbus on order. Looks odd.

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
  • WLM ID:antserafino@gmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:finorocks123
Chicken that's odd. How can a small airline like this just order 4 A321-200 and 1 A330-200?

masscop

masscop

• 26 posts
Looks like a broker. Look at his aircraft sales for the year.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yeah, masscop is right, he probably had a bigger fleet and sold it off, and got enough money for these planes, which he is probably going to sell as well.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
Is it a broker, or is it someone's second airline?

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
I would go for broker i don't think many people would want to cheat on that scale.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by Chicken

he also wouldnt be able to sell to any of his own airlines so whats the point of having two??

oh and kiwi was active before but must have quit the game for some reason

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
im pretty sure its a broke because i remember seeing a big(ger) kiwi air, but now since there are less aircraf, they probably have sold there fleet.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by Nathaniel...

That is why I said Kiwi Air and not Kiwi. Kiwi is still active.

If this is a broker, has anyone ever purchased a plane from Kiwi Air? And how come it does not buy Boeings, Embraers, etc - only 4 models of Airbus (A319, A321-100, A321-200, and A330-200)?

And the ISP address works sometimes. I am not IT literate to fully describe it, but I am aware that it is not 100% foolproof.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Originally posted by Nathaniel...

That is why I said Kiwi Air and not Kiwi. Kiwi is still active.

If this is a broker, has anyone ever purchased a plane from Kiwi Air? And how come it does not buy Boeings, Embraers, etc - only 4 models of Airbus (A319, A321-100, A321-200, and A330-200)?

And the ISP address works sometimes. I am not IT literate to fully describe it, but I am aware that it is not 100% foolproof.

Chicken, im the buyer of all the aircraft Kiwi Air has on order... We speak over MSN and he wanted to help me out in getting more aircraft, which i pay a little extra for, for him helping me out...

So, dont start now accusing him of cheating, becuase ur barking up the wrong tree mate :P

Binter

Binter

• 49 posts

Originally posted by Nathaniel

he also wouldnt be able to sell to any of his own airlines so whats the point of having two??

Well, if he has dynemic IP connection (like for example me) he can have a different IP each time that he connects to Internet. By this way (and a free e-mail account) he can pass/avoid that anticheating filter. Too difficult?

P.S.: In Spain most connections are with dynamic IP since static IP requires aditional fee.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Looks like he dates quite a bit back.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by Binter

Originally posted by Nathaniel

Well, if he has dynemic IP connection (like for example me) he can have a different IP each time that he connects to Internet. By this way (and a free e-mail account) he can pass/avoid that anticheating filter. Too difficult?

P.S.: In Spain most connections are with dynamic IP since static IP requires aditional fee.

if someone is like that wow... they are a**holes.. but most people i dont think would keep restarting their internet every time they login is a priority.

Simpleboy

Simpleboy

• 69 posts
Wow, all this wondering about me. I feel special.

Yes, im acting as an a/c broker. I buy planes, then sell for a profit to airlines. I started doing this when i realised i had no decent strategy to play effectively. Maestro asked me to buy him some a/c to help his expansions to overcome the 2 a/c per month. If other airlines want me to buy some im all for ears providing i get something out of it. Currently Maestro is my only customer.

Depending on the a/c i can have quite a few on order, currently with 9 A321s, an A332 and 2 A333s. Im trying to keep a/c being constantly delivered to keep me in teh black.

The Saab and B1900D are an attempt to create a hub from HAM to start up a sucessful airline. Right now small losses are fine since i make plenty from a/c sales. I grew to a value of about $300mil before playing became to time consuming. So this is hoping for a simple but hopefully semi-decent airline.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69

Chicken, im the buyer of all the aircraft Kiwi Air has on order... We speak over MSN and he wanted to help me out in getting more aircraft, which i pay a little extra for, for him helping me out...

So, dont start now accusing him of cheating, becuase ur barking up the wrong tree mate :P

No accusation of cheating - worded very carefully (I have learned my lesson). Basically saw an airline behaving abnormally, and went looking for an explanation.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Good... then i guess the matter is all settled??...

Just didnt want to see my good friend be seen as a cheat.. everything he done has been fair and im even paying $5-$10 mil extra per aircraft to thank him everytime he buys aircraft for me, which im grateful for... :P

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts

Just didnt want to see my good friend be seen as a cheat.. everything he done has been fair and im even paying $5-$10 mil extra per aircraft to thank him everytime he buys aircraft for me, which im grateful for... :P

If Miller made the game so the airlines can only have two planes a month getting someone else to buy aircraft for you goes against the rules!! Yes? No? My question is. Which rules can be broken and not be accused of.

This is just a question please do not flame about it.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by vimac

If Miller made the game so the airlines can only have two planes a month getting someone else to buy aircraft for you goes against the rules!! Yes? No? My question is. Which rules can be broken and not be accused of.

This is just a question please do not flame about it.

Then, its fair to say:

" Introduction of an Aircraft Broker "

Where ALL Sales New or Used must transact with a Broker.

Will solve this issue.

g-w-r

g-w-r

Tycoon

• 328 posts
  • WLM ID:graham_w_r@hotmail.com
its got to be a broker... he is doing pretty well lol!

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
I have attached here the supposed "rules" of this game

Receiving Your Aircraft
Manufacturers will deliver at least 20 aircraft per month, depending on the number of aircraft on order. You can only recieve 2 aircraft from each manufacturer every month, reagrdless of type.

Why there's no problem in breaking this rule and we made such a fuss and accuse other of cheating regarding others!!!

Maestro, you being a moderator should have thought twice before doing something like this. How are the smaller airlines expect to survive if some of the big ones just keep twisting the rules.

Maestro69

[Edited on 9/19/2005 by vimac]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users