Photo

How to stay out of debt?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Saradin

Saradin

• 11 posts
It seems like every time I manage to pull my company out of debt and make money, I get hit with these 1-2 million + additions to my expenses, and I can't figure out where they're coming from. I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm doing something wrong?

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts
Easy. Don't go into negative cash flow. If you can, leave at least .5 million dollars in the bank when you start.

cUDPatH.jpg

bigbadcrusher

bigbadcrusher

AE Player

• 71 posts
They're employee salaries and aircraft maintenance costs most likely. To lower staff costs, go to airline options and click on the human resources tab. To keep maintenance costs down, only fly one aircraft family. For example, if you start with an A320, only fly A320, A321, etc. If you start with a 737-300, only fly 737-300, -400, etc. It takes some fleet planning in the beginning, but once you play more, it should be easier

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Like they said, limit a/c families.......that can be a big killer with all the different base maint costs.

Watch out for high dollar airports with high gate leases.

Usually, in the start phase, I base at a under 200,000 airport, use 1 a/c family and I watch my payroll like a hawk.........there are times when I only have 1-2 days to actaully spend any money on anything before I am saving for payroll and EOM.

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
Make sure you have enough money for payroll by the end of each month.

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

Make sure you have enough money for payroll by the 16th of each month.

Fixed. This is only applicable if you have leases and/or bond payments due on the 16th/17th/18th(/19th/20th/21st) of the month.

Basically, there is no issues if you go into debt. You just need to make sure your DOP is high enough so that you have sufficient cash when lease/bond payments are due.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
I always keep $775,000 on hand at any given time.

nWcLJH0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users