Photo

poor demand outside Europe/n America

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rob b

Rob b

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts
Hi have been looking at starting airlines outside my normal areas and into Africa and the Caribbean. I can not believe the low passenger demand here on local routes! For instance Antigua-Barbados in real life supports at least 6 daily DHC8 flights ,in the game the daily passenger demand is 8! I also looked at Barbados-Miami and this will just support a daily 737, about 1/5 of real life. With the game getting so congested in Europe and the US (not tried Asia) it would be great if demand in the game could reflect real life a little better?

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
The game data is being updated which should help increase demand on some routes. You must remember that the game currently does not take into account individual real world routes and allocates demand on the size of the airports your serving.

eu30cUI.png

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

I think that this bogus personally :S Sooner or later there will be manual tweaking of routes.. you cant get around that :S

Well it isn't bogus, it's how the game works, whether you believe it "personally" or not, it is a fact.

I agree that right now the demand in places outside of Europe/USA/Far East are a little lacking, but I don't pay for the game (far as I know no one does), the people working on it do it in their spare time and I'm more than content with the data as it is, We can still run profitable airlines in the regions and I know given time the data will improve.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

We can still run profitable airlines in the regions

So true, I've run a handful of African based airlines and they're all profitable :yes:

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

Hi have been looking at starting airlines outside my normal areas and into Africa and the Caribbean. I can not believe the low passenger demand here on local routes! For instance Antigua-Barbados in real life supports at least 6 daily DHC8 flights ,in the game the daily passenger demand is 8! I also looked at Barbados-Miami and this will just support a daily 737, about 1/5 of real life. With the game getting so congested in Europe and the US (not tried Asia) it would be great if demand in the game could reflect real life a little better?

I'm rather appalled and confused with what the original poster has said. Caribbean is part of Americas, and the demand on certain Chinese routes are awkwardly high (esp. to those middle-sized cities). Well, I do agree that some are low, but Kuala Lumpur-Copenhagen or anything within that range is atrociously high...

And oh, by what you said, you're actually making the Americas low, not high as what you said. :/

noelair%20banner.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

I'm rather appalled and confused with what the original poster has said. Caribbean is part of Americas, and the demand on certain Chinese routes are awkwardly high (esp. to those middle-sized cities). Well, I do agree that some are low, but Kuala Lumpur-Copenhagen or anything within that range is atrociously high...

And oh, by what you said, you're actually making the Americas low, not high as what you said. :/

The routes you mentioned do have higher demand than they should, while the routes (especially between smaller airports) Rob mentioned have much lower demand than they should. Both are true.

Guest_Stan_*

Guest_Stan_*
  • Guests
The Middle East is similar, the strategy is to have only a couple of weekly flights on the route. Another tip in those areas is to use larger aircraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users