Photo

B-Master Branding and Stuff

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
Seriously SB, how did you create that Wunala Dreaming livery with nothing but paint and word? :huh:

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Seriously SB, how did you create that Wunala Dreaming livery with nothing but paint and word? :huh:

I'm just that awesome :P

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

I'm just that awesome :P

Are you sure you're not God on earth? :P

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Are you sure you're not God on earth? :P

Unfortunately I can't say I am sure. :/

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

Thanks.

Yes my previous postings may have been a little thoughtless but it was barely anything, I'm not going to hold anything against anyone for shoving it back in my face, but like 4E said, two wrongs don't make a right, I've left that in the past, the past should not judge the future so I wouldn't do the same to any of you's, and id appreciate it if you'd stop now, you've made your points. Can you not get over it or have you really not got anything better to do with your lives, I've changed, but will you?

Unluckily for you B-Master, I believe in tit for tat, if you dish it out you should expect it back. There's a couple of sayings you should remember, and remember well, 1) don't bite the hand that feeds you; 2) be careful you you kick on your way up...

Sadly, you haven't made it up yet and you've been kicking everyone around you, what's even more worrying is that you don't seem to have learnt. "shoving it back in your face" "get over it" "got nothing better to do with your lives" "i've changed, but will you?"... the past is there to judge the future, if you cannot learn from your past you will keep repeating the same old mistakes and end up very lonely.. we do not have to change, it is you that needs to "get over it" and change, so far I'm yet to be convinced.

So far none of us threw anything in your face, we all gave criticism but backed it up and told you how to improve it, and yet when you did it you just said how things were crap.. it would be better if you actually listened to the criticism we give you and try to make your "showcase" liveries better, but then I'm sitting here puzzled why anyone would want to showcase work they themselves say isn't their best....

One last thing. Why make three or four crap liveries and have no time to amend them, when you could just make one really good livery? When you're designing liveries it's quality... Not quantity.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

Duh, point being with time I'm sure B Master will eventually start making decent designs

Only if he changes his attitude, the major difference between B-Master and Speed Bird is that Speed Bird listens to criticism and strives for perfection and constantly improving and evolving his methods.... B-Master is content to post mediocre liveries... I'd be more inclined to compare him to Air Scotland than Speed Bird.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Right, I do listen actually. I have plenty of time to prove myself yet, I have progressed a lot from my first liveries which were utter crap. I do not wish to be compared to anyone. I created these for something to use for in-game purposes until I can whip up something better, I showcase them because I can and specifically so people can comment on them. The reason I said those quoted statements was because it was a reply to certain posts not everyone's which are more constructive minded. We all have to start from somewhere right, and vQ if you had seen my old liveries you would realise how far I've come!

ADWAM.png

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

Right, I do listen actually. I have plenty of time to prove myself yet, I have progressed a lot from my first liveries which were utter crap. I do not wish to be compared to anyone. I created these for something to use for in-game purposes until I can whip up something better, I showcase them because I can and specifically so people can comment on them. The reason I said those quoted statements was because it was a reply to certain posts not everyone's which are more constructive minded. We all have to start from somewhere right, and vQ if you had seen my old liveries you would realise how far I've come!

If anything you've gone backward, nothing impressive about using the fill and then slapping on some text and a logo... there is no originality, no real thought, no design... fox could do (and has done) better... You don't listen to the comments because if you listened to half of my comments in chat your liveries would've improved vastly between the first and second post...

A showcase is supposed to be of your best work, re-name the thread a scrapbook if it's just to show WIPs for people's feedback, when I click on a showcase thread I expect the person to have actually tried.

Posted Image

Spoiler

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
I think this is a good time to say one thing:

People don't realize this, but good branding takes vast amounts of effort, significantly more than the average person thinks. Yes, the Swiss International livery is a white plane with some red writing and blocks on it, and it seems simple. But you need to realize even a livery as simple seeming as the Swiss livery was mulled over for hundreds of hours by many, many people to make sure everything was perfect, to make sure it sent the right messages. This is what sets true art apart from something hacked together in a day. It's what most people don't understand, every small decision affects the overall message of a brand, for better or for worse...

Please keep this in mind if you want to make good liveries, it's what makes Speed the best there is here, no one can match his attention to detail.

UbxSbIt.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
I don't just use fill :P slight exaggeration. Ill try harder next time, in a few weeks when I can access my desktop.

ADWAM.png

porter

porter

AE Graphic Designer

• AE Moderator
  • 65 posts
  • Yahoo ID:porter66062
Honestly, I have to agree with everything everyone here has posted.

It sadly does look like you slapped some text on the side of a plane, and then used the fill tool and copy and pasted random photos. Maybe that's not what you did, but it sadly looks as such.

When someone gives me honest pointers, I try to take them to heart. Sure, I may not always like what I have to hear, but that's life. That and I live by the philosophy in art that no piece is ever truly finished, just that the artist simply stopped working on it. Yours looks like they really need a serious revisit or two.

I think I speak for every designer here that we've all made crappy liveries. Every single one of us. But we also took the criticism we received on those crappy designs to heart, and as such are MUCH better for it. Maybe you should try doing the same...

Just my two cents worth...

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Put a bit more effort into this one:

Posted Image

ADWAM.png

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
oh really?

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Is it a LCC or a leisure carrier? It has the looks of both :S

noelair%20banner.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
leisure

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Which is better, 1 or 2?

Posted Image

Posted Image

ADWAM.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I think 3 is the best one

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Steve's right.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
No, no, no, no, no!!!!!! You guys have bad tastes, 5 is the most amazing!

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
can you stop please :| joke is old.

ADWAM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users