Photo

Closed Airports

S1 O1

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

twa747

twa747

• 2 posts
Will Airports close that are scheduled to do so in the real world? Because in Berlin, Germany, Berlin Tegel Airport will close by on June 2, 2012 during the night at 10:50 p.m., and will it close in AE, and will Berlin Brandenburg Airport open? It opens on June 3, 2012.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
At the moment, AE airports replicate real world airports at the present time, regardless of game time. This is because we have a single game database and multiple games. If its is closed right now, it will be in AE too.

In future we hope to implement real-world open and close dates.

sagsmall.png

typlane

typlane

Part-Time AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

Will we see all the berlin airports being erased that are going to close when the new berlin airport is put in?

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Quite possibly. We will have to wait until annual figures are released at the new airport though.

sagsmall.png

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

It opens on June 3, 2012.

Not anymore...

natsirt44

natsirt44

The tycoon who owns all the WING airlines!

• 117 posts
NOOO!! Our new airport is late! (I come from Berllin) :(

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

Quite possibly. We will have to wait until annual figures are released at the new airport though.

I am wondering if (go forward) some sort of announcement can be provided when an airport is to be closed. While I do not have an airline in S1, this suggestion could be applicable to all worlds.

The announcement could be similar to the ones posted for pre-orders, new aircraft deliveries, etc.
If you are a player with a large airline (hundreds of routes and planes) you may no notice immediately hat it has closed.

Is this suggestion worth submitting?

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
It is worth suggesting, but there isn't a way of doing it immediately.
The airports that are "closed" are mainly airports that should never have been in the game, so we are treating them as bugs.
A quick way to determine whether or not, an airport is correct, check its real life counterpart.
EDIT: You can also check this: http://www.airline-e...r-gate-numbers/

As I said, if we can automate it, then its fine. The sheer quantity makes it time-consuming for the staff in question to maintain a complete list. Additionally, the amount of changes that occur will quite possibly dominate the announcements and people would tire of it. But it is something we can consider, if there is demand for it. Make a suggestion in the appropriate section of the forum and we'll see what feedback there is.

sagsmall.png

Guest_Stan84 of Virgin Australia_*

• Guests
What about dekalb, opa locka etc.

• Guests

They are general-aviation only airports without scheduled passenger service.

Then why are they in the game :P .

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Then why are they in the game :P .

Because they were never meant to be in the game and i'm assuming the temporary fix is to make it have 0 gates and make it have 0 annual pax. Don't ask why they were in the game in the first place because that is an unnecessary question and will probably result in an argument.

• Guests

Because they were never meant to be in the game and i'm assuming the temporary fix is to make it have 0 gates and make it have 0 annual pax. Don't ask why they were in the game in the first place because that is an unnecessary question and will probably result in an argument.

They used to actually have gates and pax figures not long ago, but when all of that was redone they never got removed, when they should have.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
It would be so much nicer if updates to airports, airplanes etc only took place in new game worlds, not existing ones.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

It would be so much nicer if updates to airports, airplanes etc only took place in new game worlds, not existing ones.

Unfortunately, there is only one database... :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Airwave

Airwave

-

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 300 posts

User's Awards

I guess with that, you could just combine existing data from current Berlin Airports into the new Brandenburg Airport as a temporary solution? :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S1, O1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users