9 replies to this topic

rockdoon

rockdoon

AE Player

• 41 posts
  • Skype Name:Rockdoon

User's Awards

2    2       2   
i don't know if this is in the right section but i noticed that the 747-8 has 59 seats less then the 747-400 even though the 8 is almost 20 feet longer then the 400.

here is some info i found off of boeing website

747-8: 467 passengers in a three-class configuration
747-400: 416 passengers in a three-class configuration

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

:huh: that made no sense XD the 748 acording to boeing's website has 51 seats more than the 744...467-416=51

rockdoon

rockdoon

AE Player

• 41 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2   
I meant in game... If you look at the capacity of each ac in the game the 400 holds more then the 8

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
try finding the link where you found the info, plus you want the all coach class number because the amout a certain class takes up is up to the airlline, there is no set amount (number of seats, legroom)

rockdoon

rockdoon

AE Player

• 41 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2   
747-400: http://www.boeing.co...f_400_prod.html

747-8i: http://www.boeing.co...fact_sheet.html

I couldnt find any single class ara gements for the 8 but according to wikipedia the 400 can hold 660 in single class so the games right there but i just dont see how a larger ac would have 59 less pax

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
The maximum seating in AE is based on the legal maximum real world amount that the aircraft is certified to carry. I will check again at some point, but I recently updated the 747s. In reality, there's a low chance that an airline will max out its seating capacity, as it would not be comfortable, so the maximum itself isn't entirely relevant on long haul - extra length means more comfort rather than more people.

I'm not certain off the top of my head if the 748 is an example of this, but it is quite possible that it has less emergency exits than a 744 for example, and this would reduce its maximum capacity.

sagsmall.png

Obelix

Obelix

Fetch me a Wild Boar Dogmatix

• 385 posts
As per the Type Certificate the 747-400 is certified for 660 pax and the 747-8 is certified for 605 pax.

Max certified seats doesn't mean that your pax will be happy if you fly them like sardines in a can :)

http://www.easa.euro...09-15122011.pdf

Posted Image
Not a real 737NG cockpit, only a SIM cockpit Posted Image

rockdoon

rockdoon

AE Player

• 41 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2   
ok thanks for clearing that up
:)

Chernobyl

Chernobyl

• 7 posts

This doesn't make any sense to me. Sure most people don't fly 660y on the 744 but isn't the in-game capacity of your seating arrangement directly related to the maximum passenger number, regardless of how you configure the layout?

It's my understanding that in game, 660 passengers simply affords you about 9% more "space" regardless of how you use it, with the F and C seats taking up more space than a Y seat - so no matter how you arrange the cabin, the 744 seats more.

If this is correct, then certain aircraft such as the 747-8i and 737-900 are flawed, as they possess lots of space but low maximum passenger counts due to regulations. The maximum passengers in no way models the extra space available for F/C.

If this is incorrect, then the game should somehow make it clear that certain planes possess extra space for F/C, with a relatively low maximum pax.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

:facepalm:
1. why would one want a maximum capacity B748
2. If you don't like it get an A320s
3. Why should we take a request from someone called Chernobyl seriously
4. Different values for F + C will be implemented in AE4

0 user(s) are reading this topic