RESET THE GAME

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Guest_aehater_*

Guest_aehater_*
  • Guests
There is just way too much competition in this game.

Just look at the people who registered earlier, and compare it to the newbies. TOO MUCH COMPETITION = TOO MUCH AIR TRAFFIC = NO GOOD PROFITABLE ROUTES.

That is why AE sucks 100%. I think alot of people will like it more if you even just one of the following.

- reset the game
- only allow a maximum of 40 routes per airline.
- get rid of fare wars...everyone deserves a chance in making an "Airline Empire"

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I guess ur nickname is already hinting at something....

Honestly, AE shouldnt be reset... im making plenty of profit and so are other airlines in AE.. AE is a deregulated market that allows any airline to fly any routes with no restrictions and thus, ur suggestions will not be implemented anytime soon.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
okay, no reset is needed... and the fact is:

1) Competition WILL NOT CHANGE

2) 40 routes / airline.. THAT WILL MAKE NOTHING.. like for gods sake leave the game

3) fare wars..... seriously... its part of the real world

oh on a side not

AEHATER LEAVE THE GAME, YOU ARE NOT NEEDED HERE AND A SINCE YOU HATE IT SO MUCH, LEAVE

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
I think that reseting the game would only be benificial to small airlines- like me-, but i understand that the big airlines are making so much money and i helps realism so even i wouldn't want it reset.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Why no reset is needed:

- Look better; I notice that new airlines that play it smart get the airline going and growing.

- In ALL versions we had before and including this one there are bugs, there is overcrowded 'airspace' and there are no gates. How is that going to change next time; it seems inevitable.

- Small airlines / new players fair chance after reset? What do you think what happened on the previous resets? Yeah thats right, the same people were back on top again, and the previous 'small' airlines were again 'small' (In general that is)

Now for what you suggest that should be changed after a reset:

- Max of 40 routes per airline.... then you say: "everyone deserves a chance in making an "Airline Empire" " - How on earth are you going to make an empire with just 40 routes? Obviously you didnt think too long about this before posting.

- And about fare-wars... well it has been pretty much been said above in previous posts. They are part of the real world aviation and so they are a part of AE (which is a simulation of the real world to a certain level). Learn to deal with them.

And like others already stated;

do you really think you will be taken serious with the nick "aehater"?? The only thing you will probably get from the creator of this game, who is the only one to do a reset is a big laughter!

Take it or leava it, and I suggest that you leave it!

rocksandfossils

rocksandfossils

Banned

• 257 posts

Originally posted by aehater
There is just way too much competition in this game.

Just look at the people who registered earlier, and compare it to the newbies. TOO MUCH COMPETITION = TOO MUCH AIR TRAFFIC = NO GOOD PROFITABLE ROUTES.

That is why AE sucks 100%. I think alot of people will like it more if you even just one of the following.

- reset the game
- only allow a maximum of 40 routes per airline.
- get rid of fare wars...everyone deserves a chance in making an "Airline Empire"

How is 40 routes an "airline empire"? There are many profitable routes, get off your --- and find them!

You should read this too (about posting in this forum):
http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=2364

[Edited on 9/3/2005 by rocksandfossils]

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
What would a reset do? Someone would probably be begging for a reset in two months. Just let the resets be because something new is going to be added.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
ROTFLMAO! Your jokin right? 40 routes? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D:D:D:D

routes exist just stop trying to fly ATL-MCO like you did when you went to your grandma's. If you truly have what it takes to make it in AE should be able to find new routes and fight it our. Jetblue didn't ask AA or UA to quite and restart and limit them to 40 routes, did they?

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
I think we need to fix the loadfactor bugs, and then reset.

A reset without changing anything wouldn't accomplish much at all, people would just be asking for another reset in 2 months.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
If the game is reset, there should be major changes. A set of rules on the honour system will not work, simply because rules can be bent.

Some suggested changes for a reset:

+ maintenance must be performed at a dedicated maintenance base. This would require the player to schedule his planes through the maintenance base. It would prevent people like me from flying everywhere.

+ Hour of day effect on passenger demand. Currently, I can schedule a Beech on (say) BOS-JFK with a frequency of 11. This means that I will have flights departing at 2 o'clock in the morning with the same load factor as flights departing at 11 o'clock in the morning. This would prevent people like me from grabbing and holding gates with silly frequencies.

+ Better management of gates. I think if a person gets more than (say) 15 gates, to grow they must build a terminal. This would prevent people like me from grabbing and holding lots of gates everywhere, preventing others from entereing.

+ Ability to start with cash instead of 2 planes. This would require a plane broker if I want to start with (say) a 30-year old DC-8, but if I can find a route where this plane works, good on me. This would limit the flood of Beech and J-31s on the used plane market.

+ I am sure there are others.

As you can see, many of my suggestions would require a rethink of my strategy. My strategy is very un-real world, but seems to work well for the rules of AE.

And many of these changes would probably convert AE to a pay site.

So all things considered, I vote no reset.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Chicken, in another thread, Miller said in the next version, you'd lose passengers if the plane got too old. So a 30-year-old DC-8 won't do you much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users