Route Load Factor Bar Chart question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JasonOct

JasonOct

CEO of Singapore Airlines (R2)

• 19 posts
Posted Image

In this chart, it says that the loadfactor is 100%, what does the blue part represents?

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Hub/connecting traffic

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   
The blue part indicates the amount of half paying connecting passengers from either one of your hubs or from one of your alliance partner hubs :thumbup:

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

looking at that you musn't be making much considering over half the pax only pay half the ticket price.

That wasn't in any way related to the question asked, and even that would be question to how much they charge. I've found I can make more on a route by charging over the standard price and getting connecting passengers than charging the standard price (or below) and getting a full green bar.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

That wasn't in any way related to the question asked, and even that would be question to how much they charge. I've found I can make more on a route by charging over the standard price and getting connecting passengers than charging the standard price (or below) and getting a full green bar.

Well, That al depends on how big your hub/Your alliance partner hub is... :P
If you have a big hub you will get more connecting pax and therby earn a little more cause of more connecting pax that fills up your flights when competitors lowers the prices... :P

An example from my R1 airline could be OSL-JFK :P I had 100% green bar the one day and had less than 40% the other day... but i had 100% total pax. but if you have an small airline with no hub or a small hub then it is much harder to get your flights filled up with connecting pax....

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users