Photo

Somebody had better have a VERY good explanation.

R5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
Hello UnitedSkies alliance members :wave:

I had planned to write an application to join the alliance this weekend (after announcing my new 367 seat A380s order), with the idea of then opening an R5 airline and operating there.

First, however, I had to do some research :shifty:. I thought to myself "Surely with Sheepy at the helm, quality will be the number one priority.". Unfortunately, it would seem, I was wrong.

I finally got a slot in R5 and conducted my research. I looked at all the UnitedSkies airline's flagship routes (surely these would be the ones where quality really is 'top notch'?). the results are shown below.

Attached File  Oh very, very dear....jpg   347.18KB   194 downloads

As you can see there are airlines operating with 0 IFS, others with MAX configurations. (Others even charging more than their competitors - who offer better IFS and better legroom, *cough* Australia International *cough*)

Sheepy, I was especially surprised to see aeroperu and Swiss providing crappy service?

But you know what guys? That's not what annoys me... What annoys me, is this.
http://www.airline-e...182#entry105182

People from UnitedSkies actively criticising SG, when they themselves are just as bad... Very disappointing.

Admin had better have a very good explanation for this.

Looks like my application will be going to Triple a, Excel or maybe V? ...I can honestly say, I'm disappointed.

Just a little edit here: My (Sheepy's) response is at the bottom of the page... just so you all find it and don't lose it.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
http://www.airline-e...-quality-at-sg/ Better link.

Very, very, very disappointed with UnitedSkies members. I appreciate Sheepy for his relatively helpful comments, but... :/

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
http://www.airline-e...erations-in-r5/

"Today, 9 founding airlines have launched together to form a new airline alliance, UnitedSkies.
Our 9 founding airlines are all the best in their regions, and provide only the highest quality service."

Sounds like BS, Australia International & Qantas is a good example

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

http://www.airline-e...erations-in-r5/

"Today, 9 founding airlines have launched together to form a new airline alliance, UnitedSkies.
Our 9 founding airlines are all the best in their regions, and provide only the highest quality service."

Sounds like BS, Australia International & Qantas is a good example

:P

cUDPatH.jpg

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

http://www.airline-e...-quality-at-sg/ Better link.

Very, very, very disappointed with UnitedSkies members. I appreciate Sheepy for his relatively helpful comments, but... :/

It seems that they like to criticize most alliances (including SkyGroup and V)...Sheepy has some good things to say, but also some mean comments that he could keep to himself.

cUDPatH.jpg

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   
The ideas that sheepy have regarding the quality requirments for unitedSkies is veryy good. however words have to be turned into actions to actually be worth something. it is sad to see that the quality requirements sheepy expect from US members are not meet and that they have a awfull IFS and higher prices than their competitors. If US is to be an quality alliance then theese words have to be transfered into actions!!!!

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
What's sad is that some of newcdn's flights compete with with US members, and he had a heck of a better IFS than they did.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
I do think legroom is more important than IFS, so I don't care if you have PTVs if my faced is shoved up right against it because you have 550 seats in a 777. But as is shown in these screens, clearly they have neither :/

UbxSbIt.png

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

I do think legroom is more important than IFS, so I don't care if you have PTVs if my faced is shoved up right against it because you have 550 seats in a 777. But as is shown in these screens, clearly they have neither :/

I agree with you, but these are all flagship (mostly long haul) routes - you expect some entertainment?
...or what about food? I'm guessing the food is also poor to achieve such low IFS ratings.
Also, there is no clear distinction between the classes - F class seems just as s*** as Y.

But it wasn't all bad, there were exceptions (and I mean exceptions)... Northern of Sweden, well done - you put the rest of the alliance to shame!

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts
Northern isn't on there at all. I rest my case.
However, British Airways and JAS was just founded yesterday. You have to make profit before you can become quality.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts

Northern isn't on there at all. I rest my case.
However, British Airways and JAS *were* just founded yesterday. You have to make profit before you can become quality.

Lake, I agree with you on that one. I do that too. However, I try to do decent seating and scam them all with IFS... However, what aircraft are they using? :shiver: 1056 Y?

All IFS systems have been changed to stop gaming the system, might I add!

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I think you fail to realise that 98% of all alliance PRs are bull**** :P

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests

Hello UnitedSkies alliance members :wave:

I had planned to write an application to join the alliance this weekend (after announcing my new 367 seat A380s order), with the idea of then opening an R5 airline and operating there.

First, however, I had to do some research :shifty:. I thought to myself "Surely with Sheepy at the helm, quality will be the number one priority.". Unfortunately, it would seem, I was wrong.

I finally got a slot in R5 and conducted my research. I looked at all the UnitedSkies airline's flagship routes (surely these would be the ones where quality really is 'top notch'?). the results are shown below.

Attached File  Oh very, very dear....jpg   347.18KB   194 downloads

As you can see there are airlines operating with 0 IFS, others with MAX configurations. (Others even charging more than their competitors - who offer better IFS and better legroom, *cough* Australia International *cough*)

Sheepy, I was especially surprised to see aeroperu and Swiss providing crappy service?

But you know what guys? That's not what annoys me... What annoys me, is this.
http://www.airline-e...182#entry105182

People from UnitedSkies actively criticising SG, when they themselves are just as bad... Very disappointing.

Admin had better have a very good explanation for this.

Looks like my application will be going to Triple a, Excel or maybe V? ...I can honestly say, I'm disappointed.

You can rarely make a full quality airline at the beginning fast.

I honestly made starflyer s*** at the beginning just so i could expand and work on growing.

Now its full service. working on the util :/

i cant explain the other members.

and remember its a game.

thats my 2 cents. im not gunna be adding into the fire. if you have questions pm me.

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests

I agree with you, but these are all flagship (mostly long haul) routes - you expect some entertainment?
...or what about food? I'm guessing the food is also poor to achieve such low IFS ratings.
Also, there is no clear distinction between the classes - F class seems just as s*** as Y.

But it wasn't all bad, there were exceptions (and I mean exceptions)... Northern of Sweden, well done - you put the rest of the alliance to shame!

theres another airline that is full quality <_<

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts
Excel Alliance would simply like to point out that when we say our airlines are quality, they actually are ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And no, this picture isn't just a snapshot of our best routes :hmmph:
If you don't believe me, look for yourself ;)

UbxSbIt.png

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests

Excel Alliance would simply like to point out that when we say our airlines are quality, they actually are ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thats nice.

now whats up with North American?

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts
I have to say Agre, not bad, but remember, they are just colorful bars... :/

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I agree.
I am disappointed with the quality shown. However, some airlines used scam IFS at the start due to heavy competition.
I do however realise that this has gone too far into the game.

Therefore, all UnitedSkies members have seventy two hours to implement reasonable in flight services, unless financial failure of the airline would follow.

I have already updated aeroperu.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and forcing me to take action.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts
Well if you will notice I also included pictures that show the seating configurations, which I find to be a much better guage of overall airline quality :whistling:

(In Response to Midwest)

UbxSbIt.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Well, IFS is the issue here, not legroom.
aeroperu was the only issue with legroom, and even that wasn't actually maxed? :P (Okay, 148... but still... not quite true)
Apart from aeroperu, legroom has been carefully omitted from the pictures... :whistling:

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users