Photo

Couple of Questions/Concerns

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

-Newcdn

-Newcdn

• 514 posts
1) I was replacing my A340-200 fleet with A340-500 aircraft, and I noticed the profit is nearly half on the same routes. For example, an A340-200 was operating a 6500 mile route and making $7 million + profit monthly. Now, the same route is being operated by an A340-500 and the aircraft is making a profit of about $3 million monthly (although the A345 does have fewer seats than the A342, the huge difference in profit is still unexplained). I checked the expenses page for both aircraft and it seems the A345 have total costs that are about $100,000-$150,000 greater than the A342. Why such a big increase?

2) Does spending on marketing make a difference? I'm currently spending about $300 million per month. Is it worth it?

Thanks.

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

2) Does spending on marketing make a difference? I'm currently spending about $300 million per month. Is it worth it?

Can't help you with the first point, but point number two is insane! I wouldn't say it's worth paying that much on advertising. I don't spend anything on it and my overall reputation is still in the green :/

Sonique

Sonique

• 1 posts
A345 consumed more fuel than A342~

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
Yes, the fuel flow per PAX is much higher on the A340-500, making it a lot less profitable. Depreciation may also be a factor, if the aircraft are newer and have a higher rate of depreciation.
As stated above, $300 million a month is too much for advertising. I haven`t really seen any differences no matter how much I spend on advertising.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
That depreciation can be a killer. I would love to be able to see that on the a/c detail screen BEFORE I buy or lease an a/c.

I learned the hard way about the TU114 when I started buying them, suddenly they made way less money, the depreciation is 20%. Paying the lease was cheaper than actually owning it.

-Newcdn

-Newcdn

• 514 posts
How's the depreciation for the 772LR? Would it be a better replacement for the A342/A345? I would have got the 772ER, but range is an issue.
A345 was a very bad decision, atleast for my purposes.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
I cannot answer that one........I am in R5 and do not have any of them in my inventory. Sorry

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

Yes, the fuel flow per PAX is much higher on the A340-500, making it a lot less profitable. Depreciation may also be a factor, if the aircraft are newer and have a higher rate of depreciation.
As stated above, $300 million a month is too much for advertising. I haven`t really seen any differences no matter how much I spend on advertising.

I think the marketing system needs a COMPLETE overhaul...
Instead of choosing "1,2,3,4,5"% of revenue - how about changing it so you input how much you spend on marketing each month (e.g. $10 million) - like how you set ticket prices.

The current system is unfair, say my airline makes $100 million a month and I spend 5% on advertising. I get a bonus of +7. Yet if I make a hypothetical $1000 million a month and spend 4% on marketing, I get a bonus of +5 ish. Am I correct? If so, how is this fair?

Obelix

Obelix

Fetch me a Wild Boar Dogmatix

• 385 posts
Depreciation is an expense for tax purposes not an actual cash outlay like lease costs are.
I don't spend a dime on marketing and still manage to have a 70%+ airline reputation.

Posted Image
Not a real 737NG cockpit, only a SIM cockpit Posted Image

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Oh yes, with horrible pax seating isn't it?

noelair%20banner.png

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
Just 1% of sales on any marketing medium would make me spend almost $400M per month, so I don't spend anything.

My rep is at 80%. It would probably be higher if I actually paid my staff a decent wage.

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts

Oh yes, with horrible pax seating isn't it?

Nope,with no less than 70% legroom rating on all routes, IFS rating of no less than 72%, frequency rating of up to 81% and on time performance rating of 70% +

Posted Image

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests

Nope,with no less than 70% legroom rating on all routes, IFS rating of no less than 72%, frequency rating of up to 81% and on time performance rating of 70% +

the IFS/IFE rating is not very accurate. You can very easily game the system to make unrealistic configs with high ratings.

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts

the IFS/IFE rating is not very accurate. You can very easily game the system to make unrealistic configs with high ratings.

If you have concerns about the rating system raise those to the developers.

Posted Image

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests

If you have concerns about the rating system raise those to the developers.

I have.

Im just pointing out that your way of doing IFS/IFE by rating is bogus.

Makes airlines that try look bad.

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts

I have.

Im just pointing out that your way of doing IFS/IFE by rating is bogus.

Makes airlines that try look bad.

Once again, raise your concerns to the development team. Until the rating system is realistic you can't complain about an airline using the existing rating system to get a better reputation.

Posted Image

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
So you acknowledge your seating is horrible, eh?

There is no contention then. :P

noelair%20banner.png

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts

So you acknowledge your seating is horrible, eh?

There is no contention then. :P

Nope, my legroom rating is in the green. Once the use of seat pitch and width in the rating system is implemented, as I've suggested to the developers, I'll continue to have a legroom rating in the green.

Posted Image

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Sadly, the current reputation system is a joke and no credible player uses it to determine quality.
Ahem, SkyGroup... :rolleyes:

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts
Well thanks, Sheepy.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users