Guidelines and a few things to note.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

This is the current issue of our major guidelines. We are very interested in what people have to say. Please post below with any comments.

Guidelines. (Yes, they are rather short. But in reality, who needs to be told " D:< Don't hub in other members hubs"..?)

Airlines are expected to always maintain a high quality of service, with a somewhat realistic airline. Refer to Sheepy and quality guidelines for more information.

Members must co-operate with other members. If an agreement cannot be reached, the affected routes must be split 50/50 capacity wise.

A few things to note.

If you have a suggestion, complaint or other comment please bring it up so that it can be dealt with, rather than undermining the image of the alliance. Without criticism, problems can't be fixed.

We understand that different people may have different individual circumstances that our
rules and requirements do not take into account. We are flexible on the implementation of most requirements so as to best cater for each individual's situation.

We as an alliance like to be transparent. Feel free to ask about anything relating to the alliance.
Furthermore, with leadership decisions. Do not feel decisions are final, and all decisions should involve consultation with the rest of the alliance.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

i dunno but maybe our configs on our a/c should be the same or at least similar? so the product is consistent

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I agree, to a certain extent. However standardised configurations across the alliance would, in the real world, theoretically, result in less of a clear identity for an airline. I suppose setting absolute-minimum standards would be best, but the definition of 'quality' is so vague they're difficult to write.

Guest_simpleairlines_*

Guest_simpleairlines_*
  • Guests
utilization guidelines for each type of plane ;)

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

13-15 in general :P though im sure Ross would like 19.9 utilisation and 77W with 500Y seats :P

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
His seats are still rather acceptable.I had shared on Hangshou, that should give me some credibility XD

noelair%20banner.png

Guest_simpleairlines_*

Guest_simpleairlines_*
  • Guests

13-15 in general :P though im sure Ross would like 19.9 utilisation and 77W with 500Y seats :P

uhh no XD.

Utilization is something i have trouble with tho :/ other than that most things are good..

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Well... we're generally looking at smaller aircraft (Regionals) at under 12 hours, ideally, however 14 might be closer. 14 or 15 is the max for your A320 sized a/c and larger, long haul aircraft can usually reach a maximum of 18-19 hours. You need to take into account cycles as well as utilisation.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
A hub is not always a hub, as as AE3.1 currently stands there are no provision for 'focus cities'
so to have a valid focus city (like SWA at Baltimore [BWI/KBWI] in real life) then that requires setting
up hubs at every 'focus city' so passengers can connect between flights

2 - (and more importantly) by having more hubs at all of the major airports an airline protects
itself against being bossed around like Chum by bigger airlines - cough cough Colossus Express Airway
thus protecting smaller airlines from the bigger airlines - cough cough Colossus Express Airway

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
oh and I typically only run 1 flight a day (7 per week) on each Flight Leg aka a 'Non-stop flight' so having hubs at every airport should not be a problem

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

wot.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

oh and I typically only run 1 flight a day (7 per week) on each Flight Leg aka a 'Non-stop flight' so having hubs at every airport should not be a problem

1/daily on trunk routes suck. 

A hub is not always a hub, as as AE3.1 currently stands there are no provision for 'focus cities'
so to have a valid focus city (like SWA at Baltimore [BWI/KBWI] in real life) then that requires setting
up hubs at every 'focus city' so passengers can connect between flights

2 - (and more importantly) by having more hubs at all of the major airports an airline protects
itself against being bossed around like Chum by bigger airlines - cough cough Colossus Express Airway
thus protecting smaller airlines from the bigger airlines - cough cough Colossus Express Airway

Wrong forum

**adds LLC to forever banned list** ^_^

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

You understood any of that? :|

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

wot.

thought this was the United ae3o1_580.jpg alliance thread

1/daily on trunk routes suck. 

Wrong forum

**adds LLC to forever banned list** ^_^

If you fly 1 daily flight on each route then there is no need for more flights as a person flying from apt A to apt B for example does not need to fly via apt C

unless they want to connect to another flight to apt D

You understood any of that? :|

So then my suspicions are confirmed then that Alliances exist as a predatory means to reduce competition thus raising the profits of a few select alliance members ?

then look out when AE 4 comes out as there will be more Southwest type airlines to compete with you
(the only reason I have hubs is due to the lack of 2 and 3 stop flights in AE - with AE4 it will be possible to plan out focus cities

without HUBS [or alliances]  as configuring a bank of flights to meet at an airport to allow our customers to connect between our flights without the need for a hub will be possible)

How this is done:

FLL > RDU > BWI

FLL > RDU > CLE

MCO > RDU > BWI

MCO > RDU > CLE

BWI > RDU > FLL

CLE > RDU > FLL

BWI > RDU > MCO

CLE > RDU > MCO

as this example shows, with 2 and 3 stop flights there is no longer a need for hubs or alliances;

as shown in this example by flying multiple 2 stop lights through one city it is possible to simulate

a focus-city without a hub or an alliance 

so you (Mr. Airline Alliance) will soon be rendered obsolete and irrelevant (by the the new AE version 4)

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

You think we'd be associated with something like that? If so, I am disappointed...

Also this is hardly the right thread, even if it was.

And also, that's an open world.

We don't play in those.

They suck.

If you fly 1 daily flight on each route then there is no need for more flights as a person flying from apt A to apt B for example does not need to fly via apt C

unless they want to connect to another flight to apt D

wot.

So then my suspicions are confirmed then that Alliances exist as a predatory means to reduce competition thus raising the profits of a few select alliance members ?

then look out when AE 4 comes out as there will be more Southwest type airlines to compete with you
(the only reason I have hubs is due to the lack of 2 and 3 stop flights in AE - with AE4 it will be possible to plan out focus cities

without HUBS [or alliances]  as configuring a bank of flights to meet at an airport to allow our customers to connect between our flights without the need for a hub will be possible)

How this is done:

FLL > RDU > BWI

FLL > RDU > CLE

MCO > RDU > BWI

MCO > RDU > CLE

BWI > RDU > FLL

CLE > RDU > FLL

BWI > RDU > MCO

CLE > RDU > MCO

as this example shows, with 2 and 3 stop flights there is no longer a need for hubs or alliances;

as shown in this example by flying multiple 2 stop lights through one city it is possible to simulate

a focus-city without a hub or an alliance 

so you (Mr. Airline Alliance) will soon be rendered obsolete and irrelevant (by the the new AE version 4)

No.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

we need alliances because 1. it looks cool. 2. we play in R-Worlds unlike you who plays in the Open scum so we need worldwide coverage. this can only be attained through alliances and partner airlines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users