Trying to build my own computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Hi to all,

I'm trying to make my own computer, but sometimes I don't know if i'm doing the right choose. So I need the help of you :P !

I'm thinking on buy this processor, but I don't know if I buy this motherboard, principally because the video chipset is onboard.

Can someone help-me ?

Thanks for the attention!

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Guest_simpleairlines_*

Guest_simpleairlines_*
  • Guests
what do you want the computer to do?

If you told me that, I could help much more

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Hello Simpleairlines,

That's a computer for games, but I don't want to spent more than US$ 900, if possible. I want to play FSX in a very good configuration, but not in the maximum (For this a 3.4 ghZ processor is sufficient, not?). Also, i'll use more than 20gb in add-ons (heavy scenery and aircraft, like PMDG and Aerosoft products [if you don't play or don't know what's Microsoft Flight Simulator, Aerosoft and PMDG are the best plug-ins developer, in my opinion. Also, they use a lot of FPS]). Also, i'll play other games, like Sim City 4 with also a lot of plug-ins.

I love to try making liveries for my AE airlines, so I spent a lot of time (and memory) with my image editor. I want a PC that allows me to make photo-editing, and if possible, light video-editing. Furthuermore, I use internet a lot, and a lot of programs in the same time.

Thanks for helping me!

Ps.: Yesterday, I talked to a member in the chat (SirMoo) and he told me I can just buy a new graphics card and ignore the onboard one, but this will make me loss money. What you think?

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
For FSX (in "very good configuration" with payware addons) I would really recommend at least an i5-2500K for the processor. You can easily build a i5-2500K system with a good graphics card for under $900. :P

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Hi Yuxi :P ,

Thanks for the comment ;) . I prefer AMD than Intel, due to some factor$ :giggle: . You like AMD?

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts
Arthur. Here is what I'm looking at for a linux computer. Mind you this does not include a hard drive since I don't need one. Roughly the price is under 1000 depending on where you buy from. NE = New Egg and AMA is Amazon for the pricing. Hopefully this will give you some idea. It IS an AMD machine.

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 (Amazon) 90
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (NE or Ama) 150
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD (NE or AMA) 350
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 RS-700-AMBA-D3 (NE) 105
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz (Ama) 200
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) (NE) 90

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts
AMD is more bang for $ whereas intel costs more but provides better power.
gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

AMD is more bang for $ whereas intel costs more but provides better power.

At the lower price points yes, but at $200 or above it may not be true. An i5-2500K sounds beats the FX-8150 in gaming (ties in other heavily threaded applications), uses less power, and costs slightly less.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
http://www.maximumpc.com/
A website of a US PC magazine I read. They have many guides on how to make powerful desktop PCs, some at as low as $700 US. Look at the PDF back issues or "Build a PC" for inspiration.

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
SirMoo, Yuxi and The People:

Thank you so much for the help :dance: ! And sorry for the loong time to answer to this topic.

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Buy all of the computer parts separately then pay someone to put it together:

TigerDirect.com
swiftech.com
frozencpu.com
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Operating System (TigerDirect.com search results)

Thus you will build a better computer than you could ever dream of getting from apple

BUT BE WARNED, you must know what you are looking for as far as compatibility of the various computer parts are concerned

As I have said before, you get a better PC if you buy all the parts separately, then pay someone to put it together

What you do is: Make a list of all of the items you need (check compatibility) to make the computer, then if you have to buy the parts over several months starting with the motherboard then the CPU as they are both discontinued/replaced frequently

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Tiger direct has board, CPU  combo deals , Sometimes awesome  deals.  Verses getting them seperate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users