Unrealistic Expansion?

R3

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

David22

David22

AE Player

• 32 posts
what about a lower age maximum on the used market?

David22

David22

AE Player

• 32 posts
good point, I think fuel fluctuations is the way to go.

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts
In the latest game world O1-no restrictions I have been ordering B737-400's for every week since the beginning without missing a single delivery slot......I have been tied as the #1 owner of 737-400 since the beginning with a couple other airlines.
Now all of a sudden out of nowhere WooHoo airlines has 81 737-400 to my 36 and he was'nt even in the top 5 before.
And I have never seen even 1 on the used market although I may have missed a couple.

So what's going on.........are there special rules for certain people ????

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
Potential scenario:

* Player starts two airlines (Airline A and Airline B )
* Both airlines buys/leases as many 737-400 as possible for each airline
* Airline A hoards cash while maintaining B734 deliveries as well as purchasing from the used market
* Airline B buys all B734s from leassor
* Deadline for aircraft market flooding restrictions
* Airline B goes bankrupt
* Airline A buys/leases all of Airline B's B734s from the used market

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
That is a possible scenario, but he better be quick on the trigger. Once they hit the market, they are fair game.

Lax7

Lax7

Director of Eurasia Airlines Group and member airlines, SAA &

• 92 posts
After reading this, I wonder how is it possible to get $100 mill or more in daily profit? For example, I am based in Copenhagen for R5 and pretty much covered quite a lot of 'profitable' airports and DOP is at a mere 27 million...Thats is WITH Scam IFS, because if i do the initial plan of full-service, then it bankrupts my airline becaue of overheads...I mean there are still ofcourse lots of routes I havent discovered, however mainly are small airports. I guess it depends on where you are based?

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

After reading this, I wonder how is it possible to get $100 mill or more in daily profit?

Extremely easy. I hit $1 billion DOP in the previous R2 round. If I put in more time/effort, $2 billion would've been possible.

For example, I am based in Copenhagen for R5 and pretty much covered quite a lot of 'profitable' airports

It's past the year 2000. You can expand anywhere in the EU. Your DOP is so small because you are restricting yourself to just one hub. It is probably impossible to generate $100M DOP from one hub, even when based in ATL. Extremely large airlines base themselves in countries with a lot of large airports (or in the EU).

I mean there are still ofcourse lots of routes I havent discovered, however mainly are small airports. I guess it depends on where you are based?

Is there something wrong with small airports? If you properly configure your aircraft, they will make you so much more money than, for example, CPH-LHR.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
No one has yet offered a possible reason how an airline can suddenly have more than twice the number of aircraft that are possible to order.
Even if this person had another airline with the maximum amount of 737-400's and sold them all at once to the market and if this person could somehow using his other airline buy every single one of them back from the used market.......it still would not account for this person's airline suddenly having over 80 737-400's.

There is something strange going on here that I don't know about.......and it sounds like neither do the rest of you.

Lax7

Lax7

Director of Eurasia Airlines Group and member airlines, SAA &

• 92 posts

Extremely easy. I hit $1 billion DOP in the previous R2 round. If I put in more time/effort, $2 billion would've been possible.

It's past the year 2000. You can expand anywhere in the EU. Your DOP is so small because you are restricting yourself to just one hub. It is probably impossible to generate $100M DOP from one hub, even when based in ATL. Extremely large airlines base themselves in countries with a lot of large airports (or in the EU).

Is there something wrong with small airports? If you properly configure your aircraft, they will make you so much more money than, for example, CPH-LHR.

I mustve been really stupid to not stumble across this..After your reply, I just found out that I can operate outside my hub and fly ARN-CDG for example....Now all this makes sense :P

Thanks though!

Is it also like this in real life bytheway? I had no idea about this freedom of the air kind of thing. I understand that EasyJet for example, does that, I see hubs in Amsterdam, Milan and etc.

lEJOIJF.jpg

OGjjo.jpg

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
Instead of diverting this thread to something else someone must know why an airline can have twice or more of an aircraft model than is possible with the delivery system in place.
The person who started this thread is asking and so was I in post # 25.
Hopefully an answer that makes sense.

An answer from AE would be helpful here as well.

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

Instead of diverting this thread to something else someone must know why an airline can have twice or more of an aircraft model than is possible with the delivery system in place.
The person who started this thread is asking and so was I in post # 25.
Hopefully an answer that makes sense.

An answer from AE would be helpful here as well.

Understandably, you can only acquire airplanes through orders at a certain rate (1/week, 2/week, etc , depending on the model).
You also can acquire (thru lease or purchase) airplanes through the used plane market.
If 10 737-300 hit he market on Aug. 1st, and you are quick enough, and have the money, you might get them all. 10 more hit on Aug 15, and you might get them all. By paying close attention to the used plane market, you can acquire planes.

In one of the the games, I managed to score several large dumps of Brittanias. I had like 125 of them when the next closest player had around 30. It is possible.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
Yes, I'm sure it is.........but during the 2nd year ?

When the most I saw at the beginning of each day was usually 1 aircraft (if I was very lucky), usually they were under 50 seats or they were Russian.
However,I did buy 2 myself......1 MD-83 and 1 737-300, but I got very lucky those 2 times.....timed it to the right second........all the dozens of other times I tried to buy on the used market at the beginning of each day.......nothing and never a single 373-400.
Then all of a sudden overnight when I was sleeping this other airline has more than twice the number of 737-400's than me ( 45 more than me )......when the day before I was the largest owner of 737-400's in this game world and this other airline was'nt even in the top 5.

I would like to know how that was made possible so I can do the same thing.......lol

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
It can be done, always remember there are 300 airlines in most worlds..........I have in the past easily scored way more of a type than I could get by orders alone just from bin dumps. For example, just in 6 hours last night, I scored 12 ATR, 6 737-300, 2 A320-200 and several F100 that hit the bin..........2 ATR and a 737 came from the same guy twice do to repo man showing up. That was 4 ATR and 2 737 I scored right there from 1 airline in roughly 2 game months time. Now if you have 14 airlines deep in the negative column, you could possibly score 14 planes all at once. Each and every month depending on fleet size or someone who is say a 100+ plane airline pulling the plug. Those will all hit the market at the same time.

Cannot answer any better than that. I have seen airlines do the exact thing you are seeing and wondered the same thing, I just figure I am getting to slow on the trigger and missing dumps.

P.S.

2nd year could easily deliver 20 737-300 to a single airline, so if that guy yanks the plug and then say 4 more are repo'ed from other airlines, and you got really lucky, you could score 24 737-300 in 2nd year of the game, added to your total of say 20 737-300........now you have twice as many as the next folks.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
ok....so then scoring 45 737-400's (they are much more valuable than the 300's) from the used market in one day should be doable in the second year.

I just can't figure out my bad luck then.........because the best I did with all the times I waited for the next day to turnover was one MD83 and one 737-300.
I did see a couple Cessna's and a couple Russian planes too...............just a little shy of 45 737-400's.

I just checked this world......it's in year 3 now and I found one Britten-Norman 9 seater on the used market.........lol.
Just watched the next day tick over......that Britten-Norman is still the only used aircraft for sale.
At least that's better than year 2 when there was rarely even one used aircraft for sale.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
LoL.......never mind .......I just figured out how you can suddenly make a whole whack of aircraft appear on the used market and buy them all !!

I know how he did it now.

It's quite the advantage.......no wonder no one wanted to tell me about it.

Well, almost no one.........thanks for post #26 that was a clue but if you do it right then it's pretty much like selling aircraft from your one airline to the other one............I just did'nt realize how simple it is to manipulate the used market in your favor.

LOL.....and here I was thinking you can't buy aircraft from your other airline.........I was even told you can't do that.
And also thinking the best time to buy used aircraft was the first few seconds of each game day, it does'nt make a difference...........you might as well watch paint dry.

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
Of course, what I suggested in post #26 is technically not allowed in the game and players doing that are subject to being banned.

Have fun.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
Well......the airline that has been doing this is still in business ( and #1) even though I made it pretty clear what was going on.
Yuxi has'nt said a word about this saying it's wrong.........if he did'nt want this to happen it would be pretty easy to fix.
If you want to be a top airline then you need to take advantage of all the opportunities that are available to you by the game.

Actually.......I do not like the used aircraft system or the new aircraft ordering system in place now........where you can only have 1 aircraft delivered every 2 - 3 weeks or so.
That is not how the real world works but we have to use this game as it's set up to use.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Good luck

Signature%203.png

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

If you want to be a top airline then you need to take advantage of all the opportunities that are available to you by the game.

I have never used that exploit, and I have finished 1st in every world I have played in. I consider it as a form of cheating, which is why I don't do it.

Once you get about 3-4 game years into the round, airlines with larger fleets will go bankrupt. It's really about luck whether you can pick up a bunch of aircraft. Every 10 aircraft I can grab* immediately off the used market translates into $2-3M additional DOP. If it happens a few times, my DOP will increase greatly.

So many players simply setup an airline flying only trunk routes. Lease 20-30 more aircraft to fly other trunk routes. They then get bored and quit (or join another world). Eventually, their DOP plummets due to being squeezed out of routes. Their leased aircraft get seized, and they will eventually bankrupt due to inactivity. Those are the players I take advantage of to increase my fleet quickly.

* - I only grab aircraft that make sense for my fleet.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
Is'nt it funny......saying that you will be #1

This is a game of stamina and mathmatics

I know i will be never be #1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users