* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
Firstly, the policy is as follows (it hasn't changed - I'm just reiterating it):
  • Inactivity time is defined as the number of days since the last time you've logged into an airline (the airline itself, not just your forum account).
  • If your airline flies at least 1 route, the inactivity period is 21 days. Otherwise, it is 2 days (or 1 day if the world is full).
  • Airlines inactive for more than the above number of days are subject to deletion without warning.
However, I have added a new system under which I will send a courtesy warning via Personal Messenger (so make sure your forum account is validated!) after your airline enters the inactive range. You will get one warning for each airline and a 3 day grace period. After this grace period if the inactivity continues, the airline may be deleted at any time.

These warnings are sent as a courtesy only and do not change the inactivity policy. Not receiving a warning (because your PM system is disabled, your account is not validated, or other reasons) after 21 days does NOT prevent your airlines from being deleted for inactivity - that is still your responsibility.

Also, airlines with 0 routes and very few or no aircraft will NOT receive a warning or grace period before deletion.

If you have special circumstances and know you will be gone for more than 3 weeks (long vacation, etc) and want to keep your airline past the 21 day inactivity limit, you can send me a PM to request an extension. :)

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Quite a few people have been complaining that they're not getting the warnings iirc :/
(Yes, these are activated accounts)

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
If the airline has no routes or less than 10 aircraft, I usually just delete them directly.

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

If the airline has no routes or less than 10 aircraft, I usually just delete them directly.

That's what I called a dictator act. <_<

:P

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   
Even if airlines have less than 10 AC`s they can still be active though.... If you have 1 aircraft and is waiting for the moeny to grow you don`t always log in to see....
You do just check the DOP and if that have changed then you go into and adjust....

So if an airline have 1 route or more he/she should be alerted cause deleting airlines with no warning might have a negative efect on the user expereince while playing AE... :/

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I agree. A warning should always happen if there's at least one route :/

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

Even if airlines have less than 10 AC`s they can still be active though.... If you have 1 aircraft and is waiting for the moeny to grow you don`t always log in to see....
You do just check the DOP and if that have changed then you go into and adjust....

So if an airline have 1 route or more he/she should be alerted cause deleting airlines with no warning might have a negative efect on the user expereince while playing AE... :/

Totally agree with this :/

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

skippy2

skippy2

• 4 posts
I also think that once an airlines valuation hits -50 to -100 million it should be removed immediately to free up room for new airlines, especially in R5 which is always full as I want to start a 2nd airline but it is impossible at the moment. When I was looking through the rankings before an airline had a valuation of over - 600 million, JUST A WASTE OF SPACE!

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I also think that once an airlines valuation hits -50 to -100 million it should be removed immediately to free up room for new airlines, especially in R5 which is always full as I want to start a 2nd airline but it is impossible at the moment. When I was looking through the rankings before an airline had a valuation of over - 600 million, JUST A WASTE OF SPACE!

There are now 5 open slots.. :P Hurry!

R6 - NSW Airlines

skippy2

skippy2

• 4 posts
Thank you very much!

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
Un1 can you do the same again? There are another 5 with a valuation less than -$50 million :/

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

If you have 1 aircraft and is waiting for the moeny to grow you don`t always log in to see....

SERIOUSLY! You're just going to leave your airline sitting there for 5.25 game years (21 DAYS!!!!) without logging in just to build up profit????? I seriously doubt this.

But I think an airline under -32,000,000 million should always be deleted.

nWcLJH0.png

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

SERIOUSLY! You're just going to leave your airline sitting there for 5.25 game years (21 DAYS!!!!) without logging in just to build up profit????? I seriously doubt this. But I think an airline under -32,000,000 million should always be deleted.

READ.

But tbh, why did my 110-aircraft airline went off :o

noelair%20banner.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I lost Omega after 14, which doesn't fit with either a few hours or 21 days. :/

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

SERIOUSLY! You're just going to leave your airline sitting there for 5.25 game years (21 DAYS!!!!) without logging in just to build up profit????? I seriously doubt this.

But I think an airline under -32,000,000 million should always be deleted.

No one leaves their airline for 5 ingame years. and you do not need to wait 5 ingame years to get the money to expand ;)

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

So if an airline have 1 route or more he/she If you have 1 aircraft and is waiting for the moeny to grow you don`t always log in to see....

nWcLJH0.png

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

You know some time does not justify the absence of 5 ingame years XP

Capt_Millsie

Capt_Millsie

• 1 posts

I had 4 routes obviously 4 aircraft and was deleted after 1 day of not logging in... your statement here and action on my airline conflicts with your policy.

Granted my airline was losing money but i am new and after spending said day reading the forums for advice and watching numerous videos on how to play better... I log in to find my crappy airline deleted..

If airlines are going to be deleted after 1 day and against policy when they have routes and aircraft.. whats the point in playing?

Oh well .. I guess its off to another airline game that doesn't have such strict rules.

People with lives cant and wont log into any game daily.. maybe even every second day.. This does not encourage new members to play.

5-7 real life days would be more fair..

Sad

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

I had 4 routes obviously 4 aircraft and was deleted after 1 day of not logging in... your statement here and action on my airline conflicts with your policy.

Granted my airline was losing money but i am new and after spending said day reading the forums for advice and watching numerous videos on how to play better... I log in to find my crappy airline deleted..

If airlines are going to be deleted after 1 day and against policy when they have routes and aircraft.. whats the point in playing?

Oh well .. I guess its off to another airline game that doesn't have such strict rules.

People with lives cant and wont log into any game daily.. maybe even every second day.. This does not encourage new members to play.

5-7 real life days would be more fair..

Sad

The 2 day policy applies only if the airline does not fly any routes. If an airline is flying at least one route, the 21-day policy applies.

If your airline had 4 routes and was deleted after 1 day of inactivity, that is an error in the system and I do apologize. What you experienced is NOT the policy, and in theory should not even have been allowed by the system. I will investigate why this happened.

Jonathan305

Jonathan305

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts
As far as S1 goes, there are a TON of airlines that are already past -1 billion . I'm trying to start another airline and seeing that just isn't right. Sorry for the rant but please! :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users