Photo

Air Scotland, Livery Designer IS BACK!!!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

Random Scot set on destroying the earth

• 633 posts

Welcome

After a spell of being an inactive designer i have returned to make some more :D

Simple tell me these important things:

• Aircraft
  • Colours
  • Design (optional)
  • Anything else you think i need to know

My Work

Here is a collection of my work for you to be sick at admire:

Airline: Thomson

Aircraft: Embraer E-190

Posted Image

Airline: Thomson Link

Posted Image

Airline: FlyBe

Posted Image

Tail is still WIP

Airline: Air Scotland

Posted Image

Thanks for you time

*Thank you SB for your template

International Airlines Group

1950s.pngLogo.png

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Several issues with the Thomson aircraft.

- Tail is incorrect shade of blue
- TUI logo on tail is of wrong proportions
- TUI logo on front of aircraft is also of wrong proportions and should read 'World of TUI'
- Winglets are not blue
- G-OOBC is an ex First Choice 752
- Paint applied to exposed metallic area around the join between the horizontal stabilizer and the fuselage
- No aircraft type name below the windows at the rear of the aircraft
- Incorrect typeface used for registration
- Registration not aligned with rear window.

There are other issues with the Flybe livery too.

I should also ask why on earth Thomson would be operating E190s and why they have a 'Link' division?

Nice to see you've acknowledged the fact they are my templates with a stupidly small bit of text at the bottom of your post.

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

• 633 posts
what i set it to 14? :huh: sorry anyway that is now ammended
also the flybe livery is already on my attention so dont worry about that
the thomsons liveries are of course fictional so can be whatever i like also the registration is of a now thomson aircraft

1950s.pngLogo.png

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests
Before I make a request what planes do u got XD

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

what i set it to 14? :huh: sorry anyway that is now ammended
also the flybe livery is already on my attention so dont worry about that
the thomsons liveries are of course fictional so can be whatever i like also the registration is of a now thomson aircraft

Exactly my point about the registration, it's that of a 752. Not an E190.

What makes the Thomson aircraft fictional, yet the Flybe aircraft not?

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

• 633 posts
Right
@Ross:
I have all the ones from Jetabout which i will shade myself plus a boeing 707
@SB:
The Flybe one is copied from an airliners.net photo whilst the Thomson pair are made based on the original design but with amendments. :)

1950s.pngLogo.png

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Though by 'amendments' I assume you actually mean you're making up excuses as to why the livery you've translated isn't strictly correct.

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

• 633 posts
no because i didnt make it whilst looking at an image i made it using my imagination of what the livery looked like that i could remember

1950s.pngLogo.png

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

no because i didnt make it whilst looking at an image i made it using my imagination of what the livery looked like that i could remember

That's pretty obvious, AS. Thank you for backing up my point; you haven't made amendments to the livery, just your attempt to recreate Thomson's livery isn't accurate.

If you're going to translate a real world livery, at least do it properly.

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests
Airline Name: Virgin America Xpress

Aircraft: A318

Design: I dont have one but use Virgin America as the styling :P I would like it to look like the RL VA planes but with "Xpress " tags. Registration is N318VX please :P

Edit: If you could include a Logo that would be great too :)

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Several issues with the Thomson aircraft.

- Tail is incorrect shade of blue
- TUI logo on tail is of wrong proportions
- TUI logo on front of aircraft is also of wrong proportions and should read 'World of TUI'
- Winglets are not blue
- G-OOBC is an ex First Choice 752
- Paint applied to exposed metallic area around the join between the horizontal stabilizer and the fuselage
- No aircraft type name below the windows at the rear of the aircraft
- Incorrect typeface used for registration
- Registration not aligned with rear window.

There are other issues with the Flybe livery too.

I should also ask why on earth Thomson would be operating E190s and why they have a 'Link' division?

Nice to see you've acknowledged the fact they are my templates with a stupidly small bit of text at the bottom of your post.

I hate to sounds like an ass, but shut the hell up Speed. No one wants to hear your petty and irrelevant complaints, especially when you post them on other designers forums who haven't asked for your opinion.

I realize it is your template, and he acknowledged so. If it doesn't satisfy your criteria, don't let him use your templates. Simple as that.

UbxSbIt.png

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

I hate to sounds like an ass, but shut the hell up Speed. No one wants to hear your petty and irrelevant complaints, especially when you post them on other designers forums who haven't asked for your opinion.

I realize it is your template, and he acknowledged so. If it doesn't satisfy your criteria, don't let him use your templates. Simple as that.

Please be aware as a member of AE I have the right to post what I like, providing it is within the confines of the rules of AE. Baring in mind this is a forum, as I've been so gratefully reminded lately, the idea is to comment upon a topic, in this case AS' liveries. As I see problems with the work submitted for comment by AS, I have set out my criticisms in a clear and concise manner. If one consider's these 'irrelevant', I suggest you read the title of this topic and the contents it holds, for which my statements concern. If you'd prefer me to state something along the lines of 'they're s***', I will gladly do so.

I have allowed AS to freely make use of my template. My comments do not arise from the fact my template has been employed. Instead, they concern the improper translation of a real world airline's livery when it appears the desired intention was to execute this correctly. It would however be nice for the acknowledgement of the use of my templates to be somewhat clearer, to which AS has since complied. Your suggestion of 'not letting AS use my templates', however, is a rather interesting one considering AS' typical ability to comply with such requests.

I hope that clears up your concerns, Agremeister.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
The first line of my response had nothing to do with his use of your template. I am perfectly fine with you pointing out errors and such in other people work, but you don't have to be an ass about it. Posting a list stating all the things that are wrong with the template, while constructive in it's criticism, isn't exactly the nicest thing in the world.

And while this is a free forum, and we both live in free countries, "Common Courtesy" still applies.

/Rant

UbxSbIt.png

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests
I love that my request is ignored XD

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

The first line of my response had nothing to do with his use of your template. I am perfectly fine with you pointing out errors and such in other people work, but you don't have to be an ass about it. Posting a list stating all the things that are wrong with the template, while constructive in it's criticism, isn't exactly the nicest thing in the world.

And while this is a free forum, and we both live in free countries, There is something called "Common Courtesy" that I think you should study a little more.

I have not stated nor implied that the first line of your post concerned the use of my template. Where have you got that from?

Quite frankly, I don't care if I'm kind. I haven't got time to express my views in a manner that is designed not to offend. I'm known for being blunt and to the point. I don't intend on changing.

There's a major difference in the way I act online to that of real life. Seeing as I don't physically know any of you lot, I ain't going to pretend to be nice to please you all.

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

I love that my request is ignored XD

Baring in mind AS hasn't posted yet, how has it been 'ignored'?

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests

Actually I dont think he owns some of the templates.... i see no copywrights....

And im just being funny :P he said he would take care of it

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Baring in mind AS hasn't posted yet, how has it been 'ignored'?

Well, as AS has a habit of running away if things don't go his way, there's a reasonable chance he has read it and ignored it anyway...

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

• 633 posts
No its cause I was digging out my old a318 again :P

1950s.pngLogo.png

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

• 633 posts

Actually I dont think he owns some of the templates.... i see no copywrights....

And im just being funny :P he said he would take care of it

Looking at the template in gimp it fit perfectly in line with the jetabout ejet which makes me think SB has just shaded which means he owns the sharing so he is rightly able to stop me using it.

1950s.pngLogo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users