A couple questions about hubs and connecting traffic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gardemus

Gardemus

AE Player

• 32 posts
Hey everyone!

I've been wondering about this for a while.

So, question 1: if I'm flying from airport A (non-hub) to airport B (one of my alliance partner's hub) will the ratio of connecting passengers be the same as if airport B was my own hub?

Question 2: Are connecting passengers cumulative? Here's an example. If I'm flying from hub A to hub B, do the connecting passengers from A and B add up on that particular route?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched it and nothing came up that actually answered my questions.
Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
Firstly, welcome to AE Gardemus! :wave:

1) Alliance hubs give you fewer connecting pax than your own hubs do (50% or so, I don't remember exactly).

2) Yes, your traffic into each end are added to the total connecting pool.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts
Well, this has answered a couple of questions that I have also had but not been sure how to ask. Thanks, Yuxi.

Gardemus

Gardemus

AE Player

• 32 posts
Thanks Yuxi! That cleared out all my doubts. Happy flying! :D
Posted Image

canhouter

canhouter

• 2 posts
Hi,

I am new to Airline Empires and had a question about routes as well.

I was researching for new routes and found demands between A and C, B and C where points A and B are in the home country of my airline. My airline's home airport is different from A and B. I wanted to create a route which is basically D to A, A to B and then B to C in a single routing. Is there any way I can do this in the current game - I am in the Open World 3.1 Beta environment. Or would you suggest I start a hub (I don't have one at the moment) and then have a hub and spoke operation?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I am posting since I could not find any info around this so thought it best to ask!

Any thoughts and suggestions on the above are welcome!

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Single routing - no, but you can do it separately as you are in the O-worlds. Hope that helps.

noelair%20banner.png

canhouter

canhouter

• 2 posts
Thanks. That helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users