Ethic's and Rules? AE summarisation so far.

* * - - - 6 votes AE 3.1 AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Guest_donavia_*

Guest_donavia_*
  • Guests
I've been playing AE for almost a month now, and I must commend the developers (Yuxi, Un1 and BritAbroad) for the dedication they have shown in running the website which allows people like myself to gain experience in running a business. Though there are discrepancies in a virtual sim to real life, the principle's of AE can be carried onto owning and running any commercial enterprise, be it in transport, groceries, finance or IT.

What I have found in playing AE is that the computer screen is a wall which one can hide behind, and allow the insecurity they face in real-life, to diminish in the virtual world. Though this does not essentially affect how one play's the game, It most certainly goes against the values that are common in the real world. The fact that one can get away with complete treachery and dishonesty online, contradicts what laws there are in the real world.

While I have no doubt these people have made thousands of posts and played for a longer period of time, I do believe that their selection into staff position should have been further scrutinised, and re-evaluated every 2 months. This includes receiving an anonymous ballot and response from members of the game.

How do I propose AE become fairer, less demeaning and a lot more fun? I would suggest that a panel of 5 or 6 members join an Ethic's, Game and Communication Rules Committee. This committee would oversee complaints and gather opinions of members who are currently in staffing roles. I could further see this group formulating a more detailed set of rules for communications only. They would not have a role in game development, but, could assist with gathering opinions and thoughts on current and future versions of AE. To allow a different point of view, the committee could be reformulated every 2 months or something, or, could have a representative from each world. There would be a leader who would directly keep in contact with developers. This team would not be so-much-so'staff members', but would be similar to an external evaluation agency, similar to what the media does in scrutinising and investigating the work of governments, organisations and agencies.

This would require a lot of thought and planning, but, if struck well, could create positive change in AE. Obviously, with positivity, comes good, similar to saying a simple 'hello' to your neighbour.

I'd like your thoughts, and hopefully, Yuxi or Un1 would agree to some type of thing similar to my proposal- Maybe this could be out in time for AE4.

May I assure this isn't to attack anyone, or offend, but, to make AE a more enjoyable game to play.

Many Thanks,

Donavia

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Can you please remove that signature of your's please. It's giving people a false impression of AAA :)

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
While I do think their is wayyy too much arguing in between alliances (Excel doesn't partake in such arguments :whistling: )

I think that what you did was grounds for the 24 hour ban you received, and you should stop whining.

UbxSbIt.png

Guest_donavia_*

Guest_donavia_*
  • Guests
Speed Bird, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Agre, I couldn't care less about the ban.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Speed Bird, I'm afraid I can't do that.

You can, actually...
You just go into your profile options and blank the signature :)
Or you can be petty and leave it there. Your choice.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Guest_donavia_*

Guest_donavia_*
  • Guests
I'll leave it there, as I like the design.

I asked Speed Bird to remove the logo, and give me the advertisement

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I'll leave it there, as I like the design.

I asked Speed Bird to remove the logo, and give me the advertisement

Have you ever heard of the wonderful invention called MS paint? :o

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Angus

Angus

• 454 posts

User's Awards

Here I took the AAA alliance logo off
Attached File  parisian signature.PNG   71.6KB   73 downloads

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
:popcorn:

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Air Scotland

Air Scotland

Random Scot set on destroying the earth

• 633 posts

:popcorn:

how much you charge for a bucket?

International Airlines Group

1950s.pngLogo.png

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests
I can point out 2 PEOPLE who who need to take a chill pill and relax. And I've told one of them already.

Im tired of this CRAP. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!! ITS A GAME!

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Anyone who feels a staff member acted inappropriately is always welcome to contact me.

Moderators are selected based on their qualifications and conduct, not popular opinion. It's not a political office - what you're suggesting would actually encourage corruption.

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests

Anyone who feels a staff member acted inappropriately is always welcome to contact me.

Moderators are selected based on their qualifications and conduct, not popular opinion. It's not a political office - what you're suggesting would actually encourage corruption.

Like the city of chicago :giggle:

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

I can point out 2 PEOPLE who who need to take a chill pill and relax. And I've told one of them already.

Im tired of this CRAP. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!! ITS A GAME!

But telling someone to take a chill pill is hardly "grown up", especially the way you go about it... heed your own advice. :thumbup:

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

Guest_M4matthew_*

Guest_M4matthew_*
  • Guests
Can everyone just think twice before writing/replying (me included :P)? Let's just leave it at that...

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
I can´t understand why do people take the game so seriously up to the point to critisize other members, staff, or other alliances...

Posted Image

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests

But telling someone to take a chill pill is hardly "grown up", especially the way you go about it... heed your own advice. :thumbup:

This is me before ive offically woken up XD

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
Regarding the first post, Yuxi is right. Staff are established and trustworthy. I don't see how it would be corrupt, but it would get nothing done.
The alliance conflicts right now are too much. I'm thinking of just joining whatever the first Star Alliance to pop into my next game world will be.
I also don't see why anyone other than the staff take this game seriously. Come to think of it, why did anyone create a forum based alliance in the first place?

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
As Yuxi has stated, if you feel that you have been in some way wronged by a staff member, you are free to report it to him. I will also make that offer, and extend it to say that I will happily take reports of wrong-doing by any member anywhere in the game (forums, chat, in-game), as long as there is evidence (screen shots and dates and times for chat, etc).

The problem with what you suggest is this. While an "ethics committee" and elected rule-enforces may function in the real world (and I can find plenty of examples of where they don't), it probably won't work here for the very reasons you point out. As you say, its easy to hide behind that screen and play tactics: "I will help get him into power, because he is my friend and he will promote my interests and act with leniency against me".

The end result for AE that I want to see (and I think most of the staff are with me on this), is a place with a friendly atmosphere where people are treated equally and fairly. I know of instances where this might not happen, and so I encourage people to contact the senior staff about that. If a moderator is known to regularly act in a particularly bad manner, I'm sure that their appointment could be terminated.

sagsmall.png

Guest_rojo.grande_*

Guest_rojo.grande_*
  • Guests

As Yuxi has stated, if you feel that you have been in some way wronged by a staff member, you are free to report it to him. I will also make that offer, and extend it to say that I will happily take reports of wrong-doing by any member anywhere in the game (forums, chat, in-game), as long as there is evidence (screen shots and dates and times for chat, etc).

The problem with what you suggest is this. While an "ethics committee" and elected rule-enforces may function in the real world (and I can find plenty of examples of where they don't), it probably won't work here for the very reasons you point out. As you say, its easy to hide behind that screen and play tactics: "I will help get him into power, because he is my friend and he will promote my interests and act with leniency against me".

The end result for AE that I want to see (and I think most of the staff are with me on this), is a place with a friendly atmosphere where people are treated equally and fairly. I know of instances where this might not happen, and so I encourage people to contact the senior staff about that. If a moderator is known to regularly act in a particularly bad manner, I'm sure that their appointment could be terminated.

I agree with this..

However i think the "violations" hes trying to present are unfounded.

Just my 2 cents.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1, AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users