Photo

Game Speed

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Game Speed (1735 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your preferred game speed?

1. Voted 2 game months / day (610 votes [35.16%])

Percentage of vote: 35.16%

2. Voted 3 game months / day (303 votes [17.46%])

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

3. Voted 4 game months / day (822 votes [47.38%])

Percentage of vote: 47.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I, for one, wouldn't. I find I need to put more work in at the starting period of the airline. I'd need it slower at the start.
Maybe for others, but as I said, its not for me.

sagsmall.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

My big problem is my neurotic, incessant page refreshing waiting for the new day in the green worlds, and inability to keep up with the speed of deliveries as the world becomes fully developed.

What about a sliding speed, (i.e. as little as 15 mins per day for first 3 years, 30 mins per day for years 3-10, and 1:00 per day for years 10-finish)? Those are just example numbers. I know this benefits only those that start at the beginning of a new world, and would work against those joining late, but I would think that the bulk of players would benefit from this.

Good idea. I'll give it a try for these new worlds :P

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

I, for one, wouldn't. I find I need to put more work in at the starting period of the airline. I'd need it slower at the start.
Maybe for others, but as I said, its not for me.

In the beginning, you don't have that many planes, and you're just trying to accumulate as much cash as possible. A 15 min/day setting would be beneficial. In the middle, you're established, have a large DOC, so you're buying lots of planes and trying to set them up; then the world would benefit with a 30 min/day setting. Near the end, you've either given up or are just doing plane swaps/fare adjustments, so a 20 min/day setting would probably be best.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

In the beginning, you don't have that many planes, and you're just trying to accumulate as much cash as possible. A 15 min/day setting would be beneficial. In the middle, you're established, have a large DOC, so you're buying lots of planes and trying to set them up; then the world would benefit with a 30 min/day setting. Near the end, you've either given up or are just doing plane swaps/fare adjustments, so a 20 min/day setting would probably be best.

Now you've put it like that, it makes a little more sense to me. Personally, though, I find that the game gets ahead of me at the begining. Again, maybe its just me.

sagsmall.png

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Can I change my vote back to 2 mo / RL day? I'm getting a bit overwhelmed now with the 15 min days. ;)

I like that the game develops faster, but I think 8 months at 4/day and then go to 2/day would be good. (And maybe even 1/day from year 2 on)

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
Hahahaha I like the new starting fast getting slower as it goes on....

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
*** Only way I would agree with an '0.5 game months / day' would be on longer worlds like the following:
( otherwise I like '1 game months / day' )

I would like the ability [1 World at a time] to start an airline in the 1960's and go all the way to the 2020's
BUT with ONE airline per person/user for this special world ;)

Otherwise I like what yall have done here ...

zooweemama

zooweemama

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

I was already demanding for a faster game a few months back. I'm not going to play with the same airline for 6 months!

clipper101

clipper101

• 6 posts
  • Skype Name:shel.shabbat

User's Awards

I am torn. I would like longer worlds and sometimes I agree about slower days and I agree about longer days. Somewhere in the middle but certainly longer worlds.
Pan Am Gone but not forgotten
Posted Image

Clipper

Clipper

AE Player

• 28 posts
The better would be worlds with different speeds, and I'm with the slow faction too, I enjoy it more if the game is long.
Posted Image

Ralph Kastelijn

Ralph Kastelijn

• 2 posts

Slower is better. Once I had an airline in a beta. I went away for two days, came back and all of my leases had expired and i had negative money.

Yes me too! You can't be offline for whatever reason. I have problems with work or things like that that are annoying when you just buyed/leased new aircrafts because the cost money especially when you don't use them wich draws a huge strain on your cash when you don't have many planes!!

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
Or you can defer deliveries until a time when you know you will be in front of a computer.

Guest_jackjfh1_*

Guest_jackjfh1_*
  • Guests
Faster game worlds, longer game worlds. For example, we could have 1970-2030 at a 5/6 game months per day speed.

aglasstein

aglasstein

• 2 posts
Want fast pace

united airlines

united airlines

• 2 posts
i find that slower is better cuz you have more time to expand n stuff. 3 months per day

HaroldGodwinson

HaroldGodwinson

• 4 posts
this may sound slightly odd, but i think that the game should be faster but for longer, so each real world day is more game time but the game is longer so that it goes on for more real world time.

JF Peng

JF Peng

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts
I would rather have a long duration of the game and a faster day time though :P

clarke0598

clarke0598

• 1 posts
Plz make a wide range of speeds from really fast to really slow if you can so everyones happy me personally faster but for others slower so why not make a range

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
That seems to exist already, however the happy medium seems to be 20mins/day. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Plz make a wide range of speeds from really fast to really slow if you can so everyones happy me personally faster but for others slower so why not make a range

Have you actually looked at the range of speeds in the current worlds? :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users