Photo

One-way flight

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Garavar

Garavar

• 2 posts
How do you open a route only 1 way?

I am trying to fly from CHS to Denver then Denver to San Fran, however when i click Open Route and select CHS to Denver it makes it a round trip flight.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Concagh98

Concagh98

CEO of BUA Group

• 145 posts
All flights added are round trip in all AE games. It would just get too complicated otherwise.
Come to think about it, I can't think of any airlines that do one way trips the way you describe them, unless you 're thinking of stopovers, which are yet to be implemented......

Garavar

Garavar

• 2 posts
Yeah I mean stop overs...

Ideally what I was trying to accomplish was fly the plane from CHS to Denver, drop of some passengers pick up new ones and fly to San Fran to unload everyone. Then pick up some new from San Fran, stop again in Denver drop of some, pick up more then go to CHS.

It would save fuel costs since CHS to SF is a long flight.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Stopovers are not implemented in AE, but are on the planned features list.

sagsmall.png

polarscribe

polarscribe

AE Player

• 28 posts
Of course, that's what a hub is for.

"Stopovers" (or multi-stop flights) have virtually disappeared from most modern airline markets because the hub-and-spoke system is a much more efficient means of routing connecting passengers. About the only (domestic U.S.) exception is Southwest, and even they have moved toward routing more and more connecting passengers via their largest bases such as PHX, BWI and MDW.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
The obvious exceptions to that are the real world LCY-JFK flights (outbound fuel stop at SNN), and the kangaroo and southern cross routes, but I do agree with what you are saying.

sagsmall.png

polarscribe

polarscribe

AE Player

• 28 posts
Right, there are definitely exceptions, and it would be a great future feature :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users