Explain This

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I have removed the owner's access to the airline while I wait for his response. The deadline is 5 days from now before further action (read: Posted Image ) will be taken.

Heartburn

Heartburn

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
Thanks. While you wait, can you tell me why a user can have 2 airlines both in the same alliance?

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

Thanks. While you wait, can you tell me why a user can have 2 airlines both in the same alliance?

I don't see why that is a problem? :huh:
Posted Image

Royen

Royen

CEO Of Royen Airlines

• 1,566 posts

I don't see why that is a problem? :huh:

Mean either! :eyebrow: :P

we%20are%20vertice%202.png?dl=0

Sig.png

#gogolden2015 

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

While you wait, can you tell me why a user can have 2 airlines both in the same alliance?

Because it's not against the rules?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I have fixed the glitch in 3.0 worlds that allowed aircraft exceeding runway limits to appear in the "change aircraft" selection list. Since the aircraft appeared in the selection list due to an error in the game and no "hacking" is required, a player can reasonably assume the arrangement is allowed, and I cannot fault them for not double-checking the runway requirements.

That said, anyone who still has aircraft in these "illegal" route assignments must remove them, even though it's not your fault.

Heartburn

Heartburn

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

I have fixed the glitch in 3.0 worlds that allowed aircraft exceeding runway limits to appear in the "change aircraft" selection list. Since the aircraft appeared in the selection list due to an error in the game and no "hacking" is required, a player can reasonably assume the arrangement is allowed, and I cannot fault them for not double-checking the runway requirements. That said, anyone who still has aircraft in these "illegal" route assignments must remove them, even though it's not your fault.

I read your other post regarding loopholes. I don't quite understand how Arubanstar was/is still able to use a 777 out of MDW. When I first saw he was using a 777, not knowing the runway requirements, I went to my aircraft list to select a 777 that I had on hand, but it didn't appear on my list. That's when I looked into it & saw the runway requirements were out of synch. Why is he able to use it, while the 777 doesn't show up on my list? How can a glitch be one-sided like that?

Is there a list of glitches to watch out for, or a list describing the glitches, or a thread like this one pointing out some of the bugs?

KanKinKun

KanKinKun

Airlines Accountant

• 22 posts

User's Awards

so it is a cheat or just a bug from AE?

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
its just a bug but people are frequently using it for their own advantage :thumbdown:

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
It's a bug, but since it can be used to give players an unfair advantage, you can't use it, and you will be punished if you do.
Posted Image

Heartburn

Heartburn

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
Explain this... Get this continually. Annoying piece of work.

Attached Files

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I read your other post regarding loopholes. I don't quite understand how Arubanstar was/is still able to use a 777 out of MDW. When I first saw he was using a 777, not knowing the runway requirements, I went to my aircraft list to select a 777 that I had on hand, but it didn't appear on my list. That's when I looked into it & saw the runway requirements were out of synch. Why is he able to use it, while the 777 doesn't show up on my list? How can a glitch be one-sided like that?

Is there a list of glitches to watch out for, or a list describing the glitches, or a thread like this one pointing out some of the bugs?

Sounds like you checked your list AFTER the bug was fixed.

Heartburn

Heartburn

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Sounds like you checked your list AFTER the bug was fixed.

No. I said that even after the second time I found Arubanstar doing what he was doing (well after you looked into the first time), he was still able to do it, but a 777 never came up on my aircraft list when I was working on the MDW-LGW route. I had been pointing out that he can, but I can't. I would assume a loophole would let me do it as well.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

No. I said that even after the second time I found Arubanstar doing what he was doing (well after you looked into the first time), he was still able to do it, but a 777 never came up on my aircraft list when I was working on the MDW-LGW route. I had been pointing out that he can, but I can't. I would assume a loophole would let me do it as well.

I personally confirmed that 777s showed up in his target aircraft list, and I was able to put 777s on MDW-LGW without any hacking. In any case, this is no longer an issue.

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
whoa now i know where that fame of dictator yuxi comes from :P

Posted Image

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts